Box Mac-n-cheese Expiration Date?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My last job was refrigeration piping. They make frozen pasta dinners. Can't donate them to a shelter but give them to the employees and the dumpster by the pallets if not sold by a certain date that doesn't exceed the sell by date. So many shelters could benefit if that wasn't a rule.

this conversation reminds me of when Mom worked for the trucking companies and at times they'd have damaged things that were edible we'd get by the case.

i really dislike food waste and try very hard to not have things spoil or not be used up. in the end though it still happens for a few things but the worms are ok taking that stuff and turning it into plant food so it really isn't wasted either.

i do know that some states are now working on food waste composting and digesting so that it doesn't end up in landfills - to me that's a good thing as then the compost can be used on farms or in gardens (where it belongs :) ). i still think all those little stickers on produce are annoying to deal with.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This quote gets stuck in my head more than I care to admit. Can we... get a video or tutorial of how to eat a chicken wing correctly?
LOL... No pictures, but I eat every bit of meat and cartilage on the wing- surprising how much there actually is. I spit out the bones one by one as I get the meat off of them. I used to crunch up the tiny bones too, but not so much now as I started wondering what those little bone splinters might be doing to my innards.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
LOL... No pictures, but I eat every bit of meat and cartilage on the wing- surprising how much there actually is. I spit out the bones one by one as I get the meat off of them. I used to crunch up the tiny bones too, but not so much now as I started wondering what those little bone splinters might be doing to my innards.
:gig I'm relieved. Sometimes I would imagine someone darn near swallowing it whole. :gig

Your joints will thank you for all the cartilage you ate as a child 😍

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we ate one box the past four days. first of all Mom added a little canned tomatoes to it. and we had hot dogs with it twice. the last time we added more tomatoes to it and i put hot sauce on it too with some extra vinegar as i was trying to use up the hot sauce and the end of a Western salad dressing bottle. it was all good but i'm not eating as much these days so i have to keep reminding Mom that portion sizes are half or less than what she thinks i'd eat. i scoop my own is my preference now.

Latest posts