Box Mac-n-cheese Expiration Date?

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My mom is French, and during WWII times were lean indeed. She never completely lost that, and I can remember any time we had chicken you were expected to eat every vestige of edible, including the cartilage. To this day, I don't really like to eat chicken in public, because people get a little weirded out when I eat a chicken wing, lol.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My mom is French, and during WWII times were lean indeed. She never completely lost that, and I can remember any time we had chicken you were expected to eat every vestige of edible, including the cartilage. To this day, I don't really like to eat chicken in public, because people get a little weirded out when I eat a chicken wing, lol.

i lived with someone for a while who ate everything off the bones like that. to me not wasting anything off a chicken just means we eat the meat and then i bury whatever is left in a garden. i really don't like throwing anything away that might give some worms happiness and more playground opportunities (the worms go in, the worms go out, the worms play pinochle on your snout...) along with helping the garden soil to improve.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
i really don't like throwing anything away that might give some worms happiness and more playground opportunities (the worms go in, the worms go out, the worms play pinochle on your snout...) along with helping the garden soil to improve.

Thanks for that. That song may now be stuck in my head

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Last week I saw Mac & Cheese was $2.50 a box, this week the store has a package of 10 for $15 (so $1.50 per box).
I bought a 12 pack a month ago for $12. That may have to last for the rest of my life, lol. In reality, DH loves the stuff so I will have to continue to stock it in my pantry for those nights we need a quick and easy meal.

I can't eat just Mac & Cheese for a meal, it gives me a gut ache. I have found that if I add alot of frozen veggies I can tolerate it better. So far the best is thawed peas, but broccoli and cauliflower are good too.

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
As far as how long. I'd say until the bots get in. Best used by ???? is mostly preventing lawsuits. I had a friend who got bread not for human consumption (we ate it). It couldn't be sold for human use. I'd feed my store brought bread to the horses and get some of his. It's was months fresher than mine.

Another use is to add it hamburger helper. I don't like hamburger helper.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
This quote gets stuck in my head more than I care to admit. Can we... get a video or tutorial of how to eat a chicken wing correctly?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Best used by ???? is mostly preventing lawsuits.
I agree. I buy past date food regularly. It's more of a hobby than a necessity. :D :hide Just gotta know what to look for. The scratch-and-dent store has a lot of healthy/organic foods. I guess they're not popular. :gig

DS15 ate 12 boxes of mac n cheese last week. :gig

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My last job was refrigeration piping. They make frozen pasta dinners. Can't donate them to a shelter but give them to the employees and the dumpster by the pallets if not sold by a certain date that doesn't exceed the sell by date. So many shelters could benefit if that wasn't a rule.