Boyd - Day in the life of a hillbilly stuck in Michigan..

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'll just bet it was! Good on ya! You got courage. And now maybe those kids will actually listen to what you have to say

Boyd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
today boyd had a good day! You may be wondering why boyd is referring to himself in the third person and I'll explain it shortly. Over the course of the past week boyd has had numerous people who are experts of land clearing come out to the property. Over and over he heard, it's just too thick, get a bull dozer and a logging crew.

Since boyd wants to cut the story short I'll explain...... Clearing out a couple of acres and I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo dang excited I can hardly stand it. I asked Burt how he can clear the land when the others said they can't... He said "Cuz I gotta bigga tractor, I guarantee"

Bigger is better!

Anyways, I am already getting my earthway primed, my BCS ready to bust new ground and next thurs I shall be able to plant both a food plot for the deer for this coming spring, but about an acre and a half of alfalfa and barley for grazing my rabbits :) I so want to have a colony setup somewhere out back........ Already have plans for the automatic waterers I'll install all around the enclosure fed by rain water catchments...

I don't even feel like me, I feel like getting this homestead off the ground is starting to happen!!!!!

StupidBird

Power Conserver
Reaction score
congrats, Boyd! Couple years ago DH got hold of a Fecon (mammoth sized grinder) for "testing purposes" and used it to clear the back third of trees and brush, grinds it all into the topsoil. Talk about overkill 9000 on our little suburban lot! Size matters...and draws quite a crowd.

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am happy for you Boyd. Getting your homestead up and running is indeed worth shouting about (or referring to yourself in the third person ;))

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Boyd said:
it was fun, I just rappelled down to the bottom. Letting go of the wall was the hardest thing though.
LOL my 6 yr old did this a few weeks ago at the school fall festival. after ringing the bell she would not let go...took a bit to get her down.
:lol:

that just made me laugh

Boyd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Friday Morning.. Boyd is getting his land cleared......... finally :) This guy is going on my to call list for spring time if it works out the way I think it will :)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Boyd said:
Friday Morning.. Boyd is getting his land cleared......... finally :) This guy is going on my to call list for spring time if it works out the way I think it will :)
:woot Congrats!!!