Boyd - Day in the life of a hillbilly stuck in Michigan..

Boyd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
Your getting a pig? We plan to next fall.....
pot bellieds.. Still want critters smaller than me I can handle without equipment :) Not until the fencing goes up though...

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Boyd said:
BarredBuff said:
pot bellieds.. Still want critters smaller than me I can handle without equipment :) Not until the fencing goes up though...
We are going to get a weanling gilt, but I have to make some changes to our spot and fortify it some more.......then we should be good. Get a tarp on one end and were in business........

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Boyd said:
BarredBuff said:
You eat pot bellied pigs? They make good bacon...cuz ya knooooow that's THE most important cut of meat :lol:

Boyd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
today at work, I was a meany head. I made my employees shut down 10 minutes early to clean extra super duper. We have a customer visit on monday, and to add to that, I cannot leave until all their production reports are done, and I can enter them. Most of them decided to go ahead and punch out 5-10 minutes early rather than dust the dustless place we have, or mop what their co-workers did 20 minutes ago. All in all I love my job, and I hope I have a lot of peeps drop in for turkey!!

In other news.. My wife thinks my life is too busy to add more livestock :barnie

Boyd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
kstaven said:
No such thing as too much livestock. ;)
Do you ever post pics of your setup? Curious 'cuz rumor has it you have quite a nice farm!!

Boyd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
kstaven said:
Pretty sure I did at one point in the past. Not near as big of a farm as I would like to have.
some day.... I want to be near north central texas with a few hundred head of long horns... But that's just my dream :) Momma lives just south of dallas and still thinks I'm cookoo for wanting a back to the land type of life. I'll work till I can't, then I expect the wife to put me down and bury me out back ;)