Boyd - Day in the life of a hillbilly stuck in Michigan..

Boyd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
kstaven said:
People think I'm nuts when I say I would like at least another 300 acres.
OMG, who wouldn't :) I think my boss's at work are holding me back from another promotion cuz I told them that my day job pays for the cultivation of what I want to do... Clearing out the land I have, starting a small CSA, and selling at the local farmer's market that is 1/4 mile down the road from me. And for what they sell produce for locally, I could go half price and still make a fortune compared to what I'm used to in Central Michigan.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'd be happy with just 10 acres. :hide You guys dream BIG! :p

kstaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Boyd said:
kstaven said:
People think I'm nuts when I say I would like at least another 300 acres.
OMG, who wouldn't :) I think my boss's at work are holding me back from another promotion cuz I told them that my day job pays for the cultivation of what I want to do... Clearing out the land I have, starting a small CSA, and selling at the local farmer's market that is 1/4 mile down the road from me. And for what they sell produce for locally, I could go half price and still make a fortune compared to what I'm used to in Central Michigan.
Clearing land is what I use animals for. Dairy goats have done wonders for this property removing brush. Pigs make great rototillers. Chickens mix the soil and break up manure. And in every step you get a value added animal product or biproduct.