Bra patterns?!?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I've never seen a bra pattern, but you could probably work something out with a swimsuit pattern or a bustier pattern.....and the right fabrics.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I would likve a good bra solution. At 34DD, I'm stuck with (and in love with) Victoria's Secret at $50+ each. And I need 2 right now...

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
Abi,
Do you have a dress form? It would make it a lot easier.

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Tortoise, check and see if they do an annual or semi-annual bra sale. I have to get bras at Lane Bryant (40DDD), and I don't wanna pay $50 each. But they have semi-annual sales and I can get them either buy 2 get 2 (going on right now) or buy 2 get 1 depending on the sale.

Abi, you figure out a good quality bra pattern, please share!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Hitting the mall tomorrow trying to get some great deals. I have a $75 gift card to Old Navy and I want some of those fleece jammies. Looking for those Redkin 2-pack liters on 50% off too.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I would deconstruct an old bra that fits and make a muslin pattern. I do that with lots of things I want to make. Then you have a 3D thing to adjust and tweak until it is right.

I too learn much better when it is hands on.

As for corsets there are several commercial patterns out there thanks to Ren Fests and the SCA folks!