Breast Cancer and Vitamin D

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just haven't made a trail with with the sun. Perhaps this summer when I get up to Idaho.

Hey, you never know what those dang ducks are thinking!:lol:

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I barely ever burned (but di dget a severe burn in my early adolescence once) and I couldn't keep a tan, when I finally got one. Nowadays I am out in the sun alot, I tan and still rarely burn.
I may get very red, but by the next day it's gone. I still take precautions to prevent skin cancer, I have learned when my skin is more sensitive and use sunscreen/block; I try to stay out of the midday sun. But I am also a strong beliver in sunshine for therapy.
I apply the sunscreen most mornings, I wear a hat to protect my face and eyes.
I don't want skin cancer, but you cannot convince me to stay indoors to prevent it . I think that sunshine and fresh air has more curative powers than the pharmaceutical companies and AMA would like us to belive. And even the AMA is coming 'round I think.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Sunscreens can ADD to the skin cancer risks...
http://www.uctv.tv/search-details.aspx?showID=15770

In Australia, the had a big campaign to get people to use sunscreen. Use improved dramatically. While cases of basal cell and squamous cell cancer were reduced, melanoma (the most lethal form of cancer) cases went UP.