Britesea - Living the good life in rural Oregon

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am just checking back in on you. Hope you are managing well enough. Love to you.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey Britesea, missing your smiling face :hugs

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm still here! :lol: I've just been going through a period where there hasn't been much to write about (you don't really want to hear about me washing dishes, right?)

I woke up this morning and my back hurts, my neck hurts, my foot hurts. How does that old song go? "My head hurts, my feet stink, and I don't love Jesus" :lol:

Today is payday, so I have to spend all day in town- we go in one car, so I can't come home until DH gets off work.
I found a grocery store that sells beef feet and chicken feet- so I'll be buying some of them to make stock. I also need to refurbish our medical supplies- for one, I found we have NO rolls of gauze at all!

anyway, I'm off to town. I'll come back on tonight when I get back. :)

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Beef and chicken feet! What a culinary treasure. That's great! Do you bring a good book to read for when you're done with errands and sitting around waiting or do your errands pretty much fill up the day?

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I got some beef feet, but they didn't have any chicken feet after all :( Maybe another time, sigh. I did get some fresh tomatillos to try out Rathbone's chile verde recipe, and I got most of the missing items for our medical kit - so I think it was basically a good shopping day.

I don't bring a book, but I camp out at my gf's house and knit or embroider, and watch TV with her (we don't have TV, so for me this is a treat). I've been enjoying The Big Bang Theory, and I watched a new show (for me at least) called Person of Interest ;)

It's too late to do much besides read some posts and put away the groceries... sleep sweet everyone!

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sounds like a good day.

Dontcha just hate when you realize you're missing/out of something important - like gauze (or toilet paper) when you actually need it? Glad you're stocking up.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
We like Person of Interest also! Glad you had a good shopping day. What does everyone do with all the stock that you make? I can see canning some and using some in soup I am making but it seems like folks make so much at a time. Maybe it is just the way I perceive it. Hope you have a great weekend!!!!!!

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
snapshot said:
We like Person of Interest also! Glad you had a good shopping day. What does everyone do with all the stock that you make? I can see canning some and using some in soup I am making but it seems like folks make so much at a time. Maybe it is just the way I perceive it. Hope you have a great weekend!!!!!!
I make homemade pasta sauces most nights and use it as the liquid. I also use it when cooking rice or risotto. Or, pretty much anytime I need extra liquid in something I'm cooking - it adds that extra bit of flavor and nutrition.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
AnnaRaven said:
snapshot said:
I make homemade pasta sauces most nights and use it as the liquid. I also use it when cooking rice or risotto. Or, pretty much anytime I need extra liquid in something I'm cooking - it adds that extra bit of flavor and nutrition.
OK. Cooking liquid for soups, stews, etc. kind of like I use whey for baking liquid for all breads and some muffins, etc. I get it! Thanks!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good morning!

I also use stock for adding extra flavor to the dog food I make- she loves it, and since I've been giving her homemade dog food her coat has gotten so soft and shiny! She is part lab, and they often have dry skin problems, but not this gal!