Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
good deal!!
glad you are up and running full speed again
:)

gourdhead

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
one thing you can check first is the spark plug. if it is sooty or fuel fouled that can be your problem. sooty can indicate a stopped up passage in the carburetor or a restricted air filter. one of the best products you can is SEAFOAM which can be found at most auto supply stores. it is an excellent product which can be used as a fuel stabilizer/preservative/ongoing carb cleaner. it can be used as a tonic especially in any 2/4 stroke engines that have been in service for some time. i used it in my small engine repair service for many years with good results. jon

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Could there be trash in the fuel lines?

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
user251 said:
just a note to let those who assisted me that im up and runningand thanks for your help. fyi if this happens to you remove the carb and soak it in parts cleaner or brake fluid overnight, the next day spray out ALL the jets with carb cleaner blow it out with an air compressor and re-assemble it. its what i was told to do and its running like new. you might want to do it if your machine is older as it might improve the power and fuel economy.
Curious... what did you use as parts cleaner?