Brown Recluse Spider Bite

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have heard that it is pretty bad, do not have the experience of seeing it like you @Beekissed and I don't think I want to. Bless those that have had to deal with it.... worse than Lyme disease at the outset, yet there seem to be long term repercussions from both. My mom and son have both had serious Lyme reactions and I think that it will cause my son more problems down the road.
I don't hate spiders, but don't particularly like them either.... except do admire the one that makes the huge web in early fall outside.... and it is a BIG one, yellow and black. I admire from a distance.... I know they have a place.... but.......

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I read that there are so many spiders in the world that you are never more than 5 feet away from one at any given moment. Of course, most of them are so small we don't even notice them.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good to know, and see the picture of a BR again. Sorry to hear you went through such trauma. Being bitten by a little bad guy critter can be just awful.
I am the one doing the mowing and weed trimming here, but dear old (95) dad insists on getting down on his hands and knees to do weeding. ugh

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Must have got treatment in time, scab fell off yesterday. There is a lump under the skin but thankfully it healed. I guess my immune system is still good.

IMG_20200707_230257.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I bombed the garage at the new house. This evening my wife and I were cleaning out the garage. In a corner, I found a newer electric breaker box. I opened the breaker box door and guess what was in there? Yep a single brown recluse. I killed that sucker quicker than you can say dead, it was dead.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
bug bombs don't usually work on spiders. First, the commonest poisons used in "bug bombs" don't work on arachnids. Second, the fogger types don't usually manage to penetrate a lot of the cracks that spiders hide in. Thirdly, a lot of spider-specific ones are actually just repellants, which means the spiders may simply move to a different part of your house. I have heard that Raid's Deep Reach Concentrated bug bomb is pretty good however.