Budget? What budget?

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
In the 24 hours remaining until government shut-down, the Federal Government will spend an additional $10,465,753,425 that we do not have.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No, they won't.

I have a friend in Maryland who works for the government and he was told yesterday not to come in until they call him. His entire office. His supervisor said that basically no one has a job anymore.

This will affect thousands.

R-Lawrence

Power Conserver
Reaction score
More than thousands.

Everyone who's expecting a tax refund check won't be getting one. That's what my news station said last night.

morgj

Power Conserver
Reaction score
you WILL get your tax refund, just possibly delayed if you file other than electronically, since they won't have "hands and eyes" to process paper returns during a shutdown. Electronic filing is the way to go. Got my return filed and refund was deposited into my bank account in about 7 days. Then i had to lend it to my son but thats another story....

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yes the politicians get paid regardless unless they sign a new bill stating they won't. We are a one income military family and will not see a paycheck until this is resolved(and yes, I understand we will get back paid but that doesn't put food on the table today for some people). I am not too worried but there are many who don't save or have the means to save or store food. Many will be affected by this, 800,000 non essential employees and many who HAVE to come to work whether they get paid or not.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I was referring to the politicians with my remark, not the employees.

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
I am affected, but I'm not a federal employee. Our office is leased by the federal gov't, so we're not allowed to enter the office. We're still not sure where to go or if we'll have to use our own earned leave or if we'll get administrative leave yet. :/

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Prez & congress-people will be paid; military will be back-paid. That's fair, right...? :tongue

My sis is a civilian employee of the DOD...she admitted she has her fingers crossed that there will be a shut down, as she needs some time off! :rolleyes: