Building a Chicken Tractor

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My puny little chicken tractor. It's 4 x 8 and has wheels. It's still pretty heavy, but I can push it around the yard.

image.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not sure that classifies as chicken tractor at least not any chicken tractors I've seen of the internet I think it's a prortable fertilizer factory. Just add Cornish cross and move every day or so.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
FEM, I like your tractor. Same size I would do.

Now, Bay has a great coop -- but way beyond usual chicken tractor. :lol: That's one I would put hens into to be able to relocate every week or so, closing at night & allowing free range at night.

I have a couple smaller run ins that mini horses used when in a certain pasture. Since herd has dwindled in size over the years, I am now considering revamping a couple for either goat buck sheds, with limited pasture, or chicken sheds to close nights & free range days. Lot of reallocation of space going on here.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not sure that classifies as chicken tractor at least not any chicken tractors I've seen of the internet I think it's a prortable fertilizer factory. Just add Cornish cross and move every day or so.
I got the idea off the internet....tons of similar ones out there. It has Cornish cross birds in it and I do move it every day. :)

FEM, I like your tractor. Same size I would do.
Works well for what I do! I have 7 Cornish X's in there (started with 12 - but Gracie happened) and they're doing well in there. I move it every day to a fresh patch of clover - chickens love it and so do I!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
FEM mine look a lot like yours. Just more wood so they're heavier. One of them we sometimes brood in so it has a wooden panel we can put in to block the whole back off, then take off when they're older.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
FEM mine look a lot like yours. Just more wood so they're heavier. One of them we sometimes brood in so it has a wooden panel we can put in to block the whole back off, then take off when they're older.
The panel sounds like a great idea! I could probably add something like that to my fertilizer factory, lol!