Bulk Food Supplies?

DellaMyDarling

Power Conserver
Reaction score
A real life kitchen co-op! Like the old days ;)
-Everythingkitchens.com has several Italian models for $109-300.

Personally I feel I would use it very little, given the low ability to find & purchase the grains. Plus I eat little bread...love it, just don't eat a lot of it. I have a bread machine but ---- for what I eat, I can buy the flour for less than a grinder. But if grinding is your goal, go for it! We all enjoy different things.

Shame we don't live close enough to share this type of thing. I have a cheese press, cream separator, 3 stand mixers & attachments, pressure cookers (3), dehydrator, yogurt maker -- a boatload of pans/cookers, etc.….same with tractor equipment. Wish others were around with one or two pieces...some things you only use once or twice a year. :( I have ALL kinds of animal equipment!!!

Sorry...;) got off subject of "bulk food". :hide

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mormons have food centers for their members to stock up. They let us regular people buy too. Look it up on the net to see if there is one near you.

DellaMyDarling

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Haven't any Mormons around, but a decent sized Mennonite community.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The Mennonites around here have bulk stores where you can buy from. I go to our local one all the time for their turnovers, lol. Not really a bulk storage item there.
I also buy most of my flour, sugar, grains, dried fruit, jello, etc. from there. Since my grinder is in storage and mostly inaccessable at the moment, I buy unbleached white flour, spring wheat flour, and high gluten bread flour.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
If you have a Sam's Card, you can order buckets of food storage items on-line.

DellaMyDarling

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We don't have a Sam's club, but I'll check online.

Azure doesn't appear to deliver in my region?

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think Azure will deliver anywhere, if you have a drop off point. There might not be one in your area at this time, but if you could find enough people to commit to buying a certain minimum amount each month (you would have to look at Azure's site to see what it is; I can't remember) and at least one of them ok with being the drop off/pick up point, you could get deliveries.

DellaMyDarling

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Looks like they avoid all of the Northeast entirely.

I don't know anyone else interested in bulk stuff. I really have no means of networking with others up here.