Butter me up!

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yup. I'd have to want butter really bad. Of course, if it made two pounds of butter it would not be much higher than butter is in the store now.(best brands) I think it would only make about a pound though, if that. I need to get my own cow.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
so lucky said:
Yup. I'd have to want butter really bad. Of course, if it made two pounds of butter it would not be much higher than butter is in the store now.(best brands) I think it would only make about a pound though, if that. I need to get my own cow.
If the cream is so thick that it will not pour, you will get almost a quart of butter.
if it pours, the you will get about 2 cups.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
so lucky said:
If the cream is so thick that it will not pour, you will get almost a quart of butter.
if it pours, the you will get about 2 cups.
The cream I have in the quart jar, ( in the freezer) is super thick...like....cake batter almost. I am pretty excited to try this..at least once! LOL

lee&lyric

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
i dont think you are a killjoy, k15n1, i was gonna say the same thing!

or just use your kitchenaide mixer with the wire whip attachment. beat beat beat at medium speed until it "breaks" - but stand close or you might throw buttermilk all over the kitchen when the solids separate!

:)
I have a feeling this is $100 advice for the near future. I have a KA and rarely use it :rolleyes:. Purchased it to make whipped body butter when I "thought" I was going to be a soaping and sundry entrepreneuer. Yeah, right. Hopefully I'll remember this for when we get our SA Boer's and our Jersey Cow, Zoe.

Lyric

lee&lyric

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
justusnak said:
The cream I have in the quart jar, ( in the freezer) is super thick...like....cake batter almost. I am pretty excited to try this..at least once! LOL
I am so happy for you. Way 2 go! I hope you show a pic when you're done.

Latest posts