Buy chocolate now!

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The president of the Ivory Coast has cut off cocoa exports ! Ivory Coast accounts for 40% of the cocoa needed for chocolate.

So if you cook with chocolate or chocolate chips or drink hot chocolate, stock up now before the prices go up in reaction.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
:th GAH!!!!!!!!!!! I'm headed to the store in a few!!! MUST HAVE CHOCOLATEY COCOA AND CANDY!!!!!!!!!!! They're trying to kill us! I take this as a personal attack on my well being! :barnie

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
There was talk here recently of cocoa prices. Right after that the grocery store decided to clearance out Nestle's cocoa powder. It was less than half price. I bought all but two boxes that had been badly cracked, if I remember right.

I gots cocoa. :celebrate. Chocolate is an absolute necessity of life.

Now, maybe I should look into stocking up on chocolate chips. Wonder if they store well frozen ...

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
The women in this house are frantic at the news. Emergency trip to the store tonight when we go out to dinner! :th

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I usually keep a good supply of cocoa and chips in my pantry. Might be worth buying some in bulk, as I can get an extra 10% off that way.

How long can you store chocolate chips in a cool dark place? Or cocoa for that matter?

g

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I used to buy up to a year's worth of choc chips. They sometimes bloom in less time than that but they never got stale or crumbly.

I've never had cocoa go bad. But then again I don't think I've ever had a tin more than 18 months at the very outside, and only cuz I accidentally opened more than one.

I'm thinking of vacuum sealing my cocoa stash and freezing it. It's still in the original containers, which are NOT good ones.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Got coco, need chocolate BARS. The health and welfare of the men of this household are at stake.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My boss gets extremely cranky if she doesn't get chocolate. One time her diet included no chocolate and that was an awful week.

I forsee some bad months coming our way...

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
That article also mentioned coffee exports were also being halted. While hubby scoffed at the chocolate exports being cut off, the mention of coffee exports being halted has him prepared to raise his own army :p