Buy chocolate now!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I ate a bunch of chocolate today! YUMMY

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I always thought carobs were sorta like really dried out funky dates.

LOL

I always thought.... so why is dried fruit a chocolate replacement? If you want fruit just make oatmeal raisin cookies!

And give me my damned chocolate.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Note to self. DO NOT HIDE CHOCOLATE FROM ABI!!!!!!!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
*stops by Deb's and scrounges for the chocolate* I know she's hid it SOMEWHERES!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I have 1 chocolate bar in the house right now. My DD ate the rest. :hit

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
A few months ago, Dh stopped to buy our favorite soy free, 70% cocoa chocolate bar from lindt.
He noticed that the package said "new creamier formula" on it.
Turned the thing over, and what do you know! Soy had been added.
He bought it anyway to see what the difference was in flavor and texture, and what do you know.
Nothing like the orginal :sick
We called them to complain, not expecting much, and the girl told me that I could not complain to her.
I had to leave a voicemail, and if they deemed it important enough, they would get back with me.
yeah right...

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My grandma would not eat chocolate, even though she loved it. My mom said it was because Grandma said it was nothing like it used to be. Makes me wonder what her chocolate was like?

I admit I'm pretty picky about it. Most of what passes for candy bars, and milk chocolate, are not worth eating (to me). I looovveee me some dark chocolate with dried blueberries and almonds, or raspberries, cocoa nibs, etc. If it's GOOD dark chocolate.

Getting hard to find though. I've started making my own. It's usually good (to me) but still a trial and error thing. Never had a batch I had to toss though. ;)

ChickenPotPie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I made chocolate brownies topped with chocolate fudge yesterday. It's all gone today so I'm good for a while. :rolleyes:

Seriously, though...:gig Yeah, not gonna do well without it.

FYI, chocolate stores fairly well in the deep freeze but it blooms and the taste may be a bit off when you use it. (My mom brought tons of choc chips in her suitcase when we moved to Venezuela :rolleyes: )

Chocolate stores for years when vacuum packed - as in putting it in mason jars and using your Food Saver to seal it with the jar sealer. Check it out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0XWoeWRDdI

Also, for those of you who like your hot chocolate strong, Mexican Hot Chocolate is :drool . It comes in sealed, hard rounds and stores for a very long time. :D