Buy, sell, trade.....what do you have and what do you need?

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I have access to buckwheat as well as wheat flour in bulk loads, up to ton per order.

I am looking into human oats as well, I did book mark a sight that offers human edible grains that are cheap, but thats on my work puter.

I have a place to plant some this year.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Uhh, red wigglers for worm bins???? Next time I am in my garage I will look to see if mine are still alive. :hide I admit I have been neglecting them.

But I will check.

gina

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Uhh, red wigglers for worm bins???? Next time I am in my garage I will look to see if mine are still alive. :hide I admit I have been neglecting them.

But I will check.

gina
Mine have died... :hide DH was "helping" and he added water - I'm positive they drowned. Too bad. I had a wonderful habitat for them in our aquarium and they were multiplying like crazy. Gonna try again, but first I want their home out of my spare bedroom! :gig (Who does that?)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
murphysranch said:
cheap but good quality wheat berries (soft white and/or hard red)

I wonder if Smart & Final have this? They have changed ownership a few times in the last 10 years, so maybe not anymore as their focus has changed. I don't have one near us since we've moved. I can check online tho for you.
I buy my wheat for sprouting and grinding at my local health food store. I buy in bulk and store in buckets with liners and Gamma seal lids. So shipping is not an issue for me. But I happened to buy an old bag of wheat off of Craigs list. This I intend to sprout for my hens so it did not matter how old it was. Anyways while researching where it came from I found this web site. They are in Idaho. But the prices seem pretty good.

You might want to check it out.

http://waltonfeed.com/

This where I get most of my other misc stuff.
http://beprepared.com/category.asp_Q_c_E_1026

gina

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Walton Feed has a great site. My problem is that it costs about a dollar a pound to ship bulk stuff, so a $32 25# bag of organic kamut becomes $58!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Free, I didn't get any good answers from my local forum, but I'll keep my eyes and ears open. I wouldn't mind getting some for myself anyway.

Bebop

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Well, if you're near Ceres, there's a place called Bond Worm farm and they have worms for $17/lb. There is also another person who offered $25/lb. I don't know if I'll be able to make it to Ceres though.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks Bebop. I went to that directory about that worm farm and found a worm farm about 25 min away. I'll be contacting them, just as soon as I brush up on learnings about how to grow worms and get their castings etc for my garden.