Buying/Selling for PT Income -Ending early

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
framing fowl said:
Did great on the garage sales today. Picked up a brass desk lamp with the old fashioned reticulating arm for $1.

Then my great find was a vitamix 3600, a huge stainless steel turkey roasting pan and a new cookie sheet for $15. I sold my old vitamix 2200 tonight for double the money. I'm keeping the roaster and cookie sheet for myself!
That's AWESOME! I hit a yard sale yesterday and got a few items I could use for little to nothing. :D For $10 I got a shoe rack, a plastic grocery bag full of new yarn, and one of those tall free standing hinged photo frames. It holds 18 photos :D I had been wanting one for a while, but not willing to shell out the asking price for new. I'm not reselling though.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
At the end of today, I will be 1/2 way through my experiment. I have put 359 miles on my vehicle. I was given an allowance of 50 miles per weekend because this is what I would have driven back and forth to a job. Figuring my overage on miles means I owe myself $30.

After considering miles, my profit/loss has been $325.80. I also have a lot of inventory still to sell. I am currently just above average on my goal that I had set for myself.

My game plan now is going to be reducing my profit margins on my remaining inventory items to get those items sold.

Overall, I'm doing slightly better than I was anticipating so I'm going to push a little bit harder and see if I can do even better.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Oh, and we won't talk about the hours :lol:. But honestly, I'm having a blast, and meeting really interesting people and upgrading some of my equipment in the process.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
My e-bay listing from last week didn't sell so I took better photos, reworded the listing, and lowered the price. Added another e-bay listing for Collins' Historical Sketches of Kentucky two volume limited edition set.

Sold the auto ramps that I picked up while walking the neighborhood a couple of weeks ago.

Reworked all of my craigslist postings with either new photos, new descriptions, lowered prices or new categories.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Sounds like you're doing GREAT! :woot I love that kind of thing too, but I am soooo unorganized right now I could never get it done if I wanted to. Everything is so spur of the moment I don't know where I will be from one hour to the next. :lol:

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
As soon as we are settled we will start going to auctions, estate sales, etc and get back on ebay! Wohoo! Whenever that is. I've only sold one photo backdrop on Craigs list and that was because the Post ofc and UPS wanted over $100 to ship it (size and dimension--not weight). I will check it out more when we start again. You are doing great!!!!! We have the big gas guzzler right now so we are waiting to get a smaller vehicle also. I'm glad that you enjoy all parts of the "game"! So do we!

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
What sorts of things do you look for and do well with snapshot?

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
framing fowl said:
What sorts of things do you look for and do well with snapshot?
Old mechanic tools for one thing! I wouldn't have thought it. Most photography items I do well with. Used to do well with collectable paper weights--St. claire--but the market has gone down on them. Also anything (except china and glassware--too hard to pack) Victorian. Sometimes old first edition books. We are learning all the time and if something looks attractive to us, we go out to our laptop and research it on ebay (completed items) to see how much it is getting now. Sure looking forward to getting started again!

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Had an odd one last week. You know how many scammers there are on CL right? Well, I got an e-mail from a gal who said she was in Iowa and wanted to buy my enamelware dishes and would I be willing to ship. Normally I would have dismissed her e-mail but I'm doing everything I can to make money here so I told her I would be happy to if 1: she called me and we talked on the phone and 2: if she paid with paypal.

Well, she called and left a message on my voicemail and said she didn't do any form of computer payment but would I be willing to send her a shipping quote and she would mail me a check. Uh huh. Well, I hadn't had any other interest in the dishes so I agreed. She sent me a check and the dishes are on the way to her! I asked her a bit more about it and she's got an antique store that she stocks in IA with stuff that she finds on CL. She said she buys most of her stuff out of MA.

Apparently there is an app that will alert you when your keywords come up for sale in what ever city you program it for. She has keywords for items she's looking for in areas she has found to have good prices for certain things.

A couple of days ago I got an e-mail from someone in San Fran looking at a dutch oven. We're still working out the details on that one.

Today is going to be fun!! Going to court days in Preston, KY. Court days are where everyone from the country comes down into town to do their yearly trading. Coon dogs, birds, guns, livestock, farm implements and household items. I got the official word from the game warden who bought our sausage press that the Mt. Sterling and Winchester ones have turned into complete flea markets and tourist traps but that this one is still the real deal. I'll let you know! I'm off to pack up my trading stock, pack my lunch and hit the road!