Californians.... You're Toast!

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Well of course it *could* be. The $60,000 question is WILL it be this year? Answer, wait and find out but probably not :p

Anyhow, these things usually mutate considerably between the original science and the media coverage, ya know.... and reading this forum one might equally well ask "what will NONscientists dream up next, doomwise?" ;)

Pat

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Neko-chan said:
But then, better to be in California, with an occasional disaster every 50-100 years, than any of the states that get hammered by hurricanes. Every year.
Is it my imagination, or isn't there some disaster in CA every year...?? Forget earthquakes, I'm thinking wildfires, mudslides, gas explosions, etc. etc. :p

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Considering that Ca. is almost 1000 miles from north to south that leaves a ton of room for mishaps.

Snow storms
Tsunamis
Earthquakes
Heavy rain
flooding
mud slides
drought
wild fires

But it's a give and take. Did I tell you we have beautiful blue skies and hit 82 deg today???

:p

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I guess there's gotta be a reason for millions of people to live there (in CA) with the possibility of all those potential disasters...! :D

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Neko-chan said:
But then, better to be in California, with an occasional disaster every 50-100 years, than any of the states that get hammered by hurricanes. Every year.
:thumbsup

I've said the same for years - much better to live with the idea of an occasional earthquake than to face hurricanes or tornados every year. I grew up about 2 1/2 hours south of San Francisco, and was in my 20's before I felt even one earthquake, and that was very minor.