Calliopia _ Newbie Adventures in Self Sufficiency

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
howdy!

ps i could eat a goat - esp Nibbles if she doesnt stop complaining about the service
;-)

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
howdy!

ps i could eat a goat - esp Nibbles if she doesnt stop complaining about the service
;-)
:gig I've never met a goat that did not complain about the service!

Calliopia

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Goat is pretty tasty. I was raised as a hunting girl though and I'm the one that does all the butchering around here. My husband has only killed things out of mercy. (they ran over a snake at work, etc)

I'm the knife wielding maniac 'round these parts. (L) I actually have a side hobby teaching people how to butcher at home.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Wish you lived around here! I have 2 young roos I need to butcher. I've been trying to find someone that knows how to teach me since I do better w/learning that way than from videos, written instructions, etc but have had no luck. So, I guess I'm just going to have to wing it.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
modern_pioneer said:
RUN Henrietta23 RUN!!!! She eats GOATS!!!
Hey!

Excuuuuuuse me??? Are you calling me a goat?? :duc :lol:

I don't mind if she eats her goats, or anyones goats, just not MY goats. So there. I'm just a big chicken about processing anything. Admittedly, I did save my Thomas from going to freezer camp, but after he knocked my on my keester in the slush tonight.... that smoker of yours is looking like a good idea MP. (I'll be over it in the morning though...)

What kind of goats do you have?

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:welcome

and shhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell anyone but I raise a goat to eat every year.

Calliopia

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
We have Nubians. One of my does is bred to a big beautiful LaMancha buck though. (Hopefully it takes. She was having some fertility issues)

My plan is to freezer camp the boys and I have a buyer lined up for the does.

The kombucha still smells/looks good but it's been less than 24hours. The sauerkraut is now totally covered in brine and hopefully we'll see bubbles soon.