Can I not get prepared soon enough?

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
BB - have your day of panic and then remember how far ahead you are than most people. I have my panick attack days once in a while and then they do go away.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hey BB, you have the right to feel however you feel...these are distressing times, at least in my lifetime (I'm 51) so I don't blame you a bit for worrying. However, it sounds like you have a lot of things figured out; you are far more prepared than most adults (except for a few HERE), & certainly more prepared than almost all folks your age. All you can do is what you can do. A little bit every day, as your finances & time permits, & understand that some things are just out of your control. Knowing how much you have prepared should make you feel better. :)

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've found that if I spend a lot of time going over my lists of what I still need, I start to feel a sense of urgency. But I think that no matter what we do, we can never be completely prepared in the sense of having life go on as usual. There will always be something that you wish you had. If you try to stock for every possible contingency, you won't have any room in your house! lol

Beekissed is right in that, even if we are still fully prepared, we can still die from things we don't have any control over- from gunshot wounds, heart attacks, even a tree falling through the roof in a windstorm. It's important to have faith in Deity and be prepared for the end of this life.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
And in the midst of it all, please don't forget to LIVE your life alongside preparing for the future--you have a long life ahead of you and I'd hate for you to look back one day and wonder where it all went. :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
DollDoctor said:
Beekissed said:
Living your life like you know you will one day lose it~ as everyone does~ is even more important than trying to build a life to survive living here on Earth.
Beekissed, thank you so much for this.

Z in Maine
YW! Working in a hospice setting and sitting quietly through the night beside dying people gives one plenty of time to contemplate immortality, the dichotomy of good and evil and the general state of one's fingernails. :p

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Buff, let go your worries. Live life each day as it might be your last.

Over my life, I've seen people healthy and fit fall over dead from a sudden heart attack. Good, wonderful people with plans for the future be taken away in an instant through a freak accident. People that were "fixin' to do" something great and never got around to it.

I was always a "I'd take it easy, let go my troubles, and have fun tomorrow" guy. Tomorrow never gets here, ever.

Chin up, buddy!

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
BB,
Being prepared such as you describe tells me you are going in the right direction and very well along the way. Others here are telling you to stop worrying. Being prepared such as you are should eliminate your worries. Yes, we may have a serious problem in this world but apparently, you are among the "wise virgins" not the foolish ones. When the wedding guest comes, it seems to me that you will be "invited in". Don't worry about what you haven't done. Be proud of what you HAVE done and manage it well. You'll do fine. Remember, "we're all in this together!"
You are a very young man and you obviously "GET IT!" Just keep your eye on the prize and you'll do fine. (what is the prize?) It is Tomorrow!
Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni
Priority: Urgent
1808_images.jpeg

Trim sends
//BT//

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Im meant that Im not worried about dying I just realized I made a big typo sorry!

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Like some here have said, we prep and prep, but it seems we never have everything we think we need.I'm still not where i want to be prep wise, but keep chugging away at it.Most of us here i think have a good sense of troubled waters to get worse, and the mind set to match.Those who are blind to worse times coming, will feel it the worst.Like the saying goes...By the time you relize whats going on, its usaually already to late...I fear most will fall into this type situation.
Its only a matter of time, before America's, the worlds thirst for more oil will fail.Be it from war in the middle east or comsumption.I'm a huge fan of fire wood power, been heating my home for nearly 40 yrs with wood.I almost have enough saved to by the Amish Kitchen Queen wood cookstove.A someone mentioned i've been moving away from modern stuff for some time now. No cell phone, don't watch TV.I have one land line that provides dial-up internet.Doing with less now will help cushion the impending fall. I sure do understand BB concerns, they are real and they are in our face.I'm grateful for the peaceful time i've had on this earh.I try to teach the younger family members how to grow food, raise chickens, honeybees and other earthy ways.Sadly most of them are in another world and aren't interested in what i have to offer.No matter i guess, it can all be over for us all in a nuclear flash.I agree with those who have mentioned, its important to be right and at peace with your maker, whomever you choose to call, because we all have just so much time here on this earth...