Can I see your bread? Post your loaf's photo.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Just a quick photo of my last loaf of Gluten Free bread from the bread machine. I would love to take the credit for this loaf, but it is a doctored up Bob's Red Mill mix. ;)

266_cooling_loaf1.jpg

Please ignore the dirty window that the sun is shining through :hide still too cold to wash windows around here. :gig

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
everyones breal looks sooo yummy.

we have a bread machine but it always comes out realy heavy no matter how close to the recipie we are...

i saw someone say you should let the bread cool completly...
we tend to take the bread out when its still warm (cause whats better than fresh warm bread) could this be the reason why our breads always so heavy?

unfortunatly i cant eat bread now, i had surgery and since then bread no matter what type just sits too heavy.

okra

Power Conserver
Reaction score
The following is the recipe we use for Wholemeal Loaf:

Ingredients: 1.1Kg of wholemeal flour; 3 tsp of salt; 15g of dried yeast; 2 teaspoons of sugar and 0.75 litres of warm water.

1. Add the sugar to the yeast with sufficient warm water. Cover and leave in a warm place to allow the yeast to activate and become frothy.

2. Sift the flour into a bowl, add the salt, pre-activated yeast and the remaining water.

3.Flour a surface and knead until the dough it is soft and malleable, cover and leave in a warm place for about 40 minutes until it doubles in size.

4.Flour a surface and knead again for five minutes, shape into a loaf, cover and leave in a warm place for about 30 minutes until the loaf doubles in size.

5. Place in a warmed, oiled and floured loaf tin and cook for 45 minutes at 220c.

Kim_NC

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score