Can I see your bread? Post your loaf's photo.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
2 ovens! thats the way to get 'er done!

i've got 2 also - both with biscuit ovens on the side but both are old style electrics.. i just love them and trust them with my life (so to speak).

folks as me how i can have 2 ovens and i ask them how can you NOT? i use them all the time.

whooot!

:)

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
You can fake the proof setting, by preheating at the lowest setting, then turn it off, place the bread and a bowl of hot water in the oven and close the door.

Kim_NC

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
You can fake the proof setting, by preheating at the lowest setting, then turn it off, place the bread and a bowl of hot water in the oven and close the door.
Yep, I do that a lot. Mostly I use 200* for the preheat (then shut off), and a pan of boiling water on the lower rack. This is especially helpful on cold winter days in an old farmhouse. :)

lavacaw

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Turn your microwave into a proofing oven - Place a glass cup of water in the microwave and heat two minutes on high (I use a 2 cup glass measuring cup with about a cup and a half of water in it). Move the cup to a back corner and put your bowl of dough in the microwave and close the door. It will usually cut your rising time by over half. Because it is moist in there, oiling the dough and covering are not mandatory.

ChickenPotPie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Fun thread. I'm lovin' seeing everyone's bread. :) Here's some of mine:

Fool Proof Whole Wheat Bread
http://howtogrowboys.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/bread-in-an-hour/
IMG_0691.jpg

Fluffy Biscuits
http://howtogrowboys.wordpress.com/2010/09/17/18-rolls-of-toilet-paper-159-and-biscuits/
IMG_0771.jpg

and Amish Sweet Bread that I have not written about yet.
IMG_0688.jpg

ChickenPotPie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Neko-chan said:
We had a recipe (rather, a starter) for Amish friend bread. It was a batter that baked up like a quick bread, and was made with a packet of instant pudding. I'll tell ya, we got real tired of it after several loaves. Mom started using chocolate pudding to change the flavor, we started adding nuts and chocolate chips and so on, and finally, I think we just gave it away and let the starter die. it's nice, but not that nice. XD
Whoa, pudding? Cool and weird at the same time. :) The Amish Sweet Bread I make is more like the best white bread you've ever tasted. Great, soft texture that holds up well to slicing and sandwich making and just sweet enough to notice.

cuallaidh

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
made some buns just this weekend with my daughter (and my GF looking on making comments from the peanut gallery ;) ). Used a mix of flours, 50% rye, whole wheat, and buckwheat, and 50% all purpose. I don't have pics but they turned out wonderful, did some with cheese and onion, some just with poppy seeds, some with sesame seeds, and some with just cheese. A nice dense bread. Its just my second attempt at yeast breads, but I am hooked, so much tastier than store bought.