Can you stand the cuteness!?!?

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i have TOTALLY been taken in by the 'duck side!" i'll tell you those runners are just hilarious... i have a feeling we'll have a couple next spring. i cant figure out what call ducks are good for - except for being cute.

as for have we had any duck deliciousness!?!? NO! my man went all soft on the ducks earlier this summer when we had.. oh 23 babies!!! he said he couldnt give them the axe.....so we ended up selling them all (but a trio). now that they are all grown up he kinda has a different attitude. the big drake of that 3 has numbered his days for sure... he flew at me a couple of times and LANDED on me once. it was like being clobbered by a flying buffalo. so he's on deck.

our late summer hatch 'medium' size ducks - nothing but drakes left - will probably end up in the pot. we'll keep the best drake then it will be roast duck, duck stew, duck ala orange....the whole reason i got the ducks in the first place is b/c i like it so much!

but

these little babies from Dash will be keepers! i just love the white muscovies and Dash has such a great personality i'd love a bunch of Dash Jr's

then thats it. really. then end. except for the runners. and maybe a khaki or two.. yikes!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
The one mugging it up in my pic is Shelley. She appears to be my only duck with a brain bigger than a pea. I want to hatch out some of her babies next spring. She doesn't match standard for breed, but she has so much personality and she is way smart. We have a very handsome "breed standard" drake so maybe we will get some smart and pretty girls out of the clutch :D

i cant figure out what call ducks are good for - except for being cute.
Annoying neighbors with their noise making abilities?

Other than that they are kind of like the duck version of a yorkie.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Oh they are beautiful!!

And sadly, I have to agree with Wifezilla, as I owned a yorkie (RIP) and I now own call ducks, and she's 100% correct...they are the duck version of a yorkie. :gig

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
So a call duck is actually a "dorkie"???

:gig

(They sure are cute though)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
So a call duck is actually a "dorkie"???

:gig

(They sure are cute though)
BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH That was great! Literally, I LOL'ed!!

Hey folks, I've got Show Quality DORKIES! :lol: :gig