Can you stand the cuteness!?!?

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i'll post on BYC but i just had to share... i mean SERIOUSLY can you stand the cuteness!!???

i moved our momma 'scovy, Dash, and her little brood of 4 babies into the newly completed 'duck garage' a couple days ago!!! ok i need the roofing materials and i'll paint it next week.. but its almost done....

Dash and the babies will hang out in there during the day then back to their brooder for the nite. at night the 'medium sized ducks' - our late summer hatch and their momma, Miss Duck - sleep in here. they are protected from the weather by the adjoining hen house and catch the morning sun so they'll be warm all winter.

whew! it feels good to have everyone well housed for The Big Cold.

the new duck garage:
1173_duck_garage.jpg

our Miss Dash and one of the babies:
1173_dash_and_baby.jpg

a group of cute young ducks:
1173_group_of_cute.jpg

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Well done! And of course :love there's nothing cuter than a duckling. :) I like the one standing on the board. :D

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
he's a rascal alright!

i was THRILLED when we got two white babies.. just like Dash. i have already prepared the hubby that we are keeping them....

;-)

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
thanks!! we worked really hard.. whew! glad its done

:)

now for the next project... (husband cringes.....)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
NICE coop addition. you are going to love that building and it is always nice to have that good coop to keep the critters warm. very nice

what color are you painting it?

rainbow colors? LOL

cute ducklings. anything baby is cute!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
thanks!!! on the other side of the hen house is the goat shed. we'll build a loafing area on that side

the whole enchilada will be white but i'll trim the duck garage in green. i kinda went 'cute' with the windows but come on, they're ducks! its supposed to be cute!

who knew i could build stuff? i mean really... i'm kinda excited. we basically had to start over with the hen house. it had the basic structure but the floor was rotted. so we ripped that up, built two coops within it.. then later added 3 brooder coops (thats where Dash sat her nest). we had to dig out the goat shed, add drainage tile then hauled in 2 tons of gravel. we are so glad we did - its bone dry now and everyone is happy.

turkeys, geese, and guineas are in another building that we framed in on the other side of the yard.

hogs are in the lower hen yard in the "Hog Hut 2008" (left over from last year. i wacked together 3 pallets, added a top, and bobs your uncle.. shelter for them.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
On the path to making a great SS homestead.

you go girl!

yea when you get the building bug, it is so fun to build stuff and look back and take pride in the work!! I hear ya!

trim green windows sounds nice.....might as well make it attractive, ya gotta look at it alot..HA HA

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i'm not foolin' myself tho.. i know it will last about 37 seconds before someone poops on it. ..... but for those 37 seconds it will totally look nice......