Can you tell me what this means?

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I know the last time I posted a Tyler Durden article I was roundly chastised. But, THIS Tyler Durden is followed by some very sound minds in some very high places. No, I don't know who he really is. I DO know people I respect from multiple places keep sending me his articles. I got this one from a trader at a high end firm. I trust him because he can see what is going on - he just can't figure a way to free himself beyond becoming more self-sufficient.

I got sent this info from many sources, not all Durden/ZeroHedge.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/im...scue-facility-half-trillion-contribution-glob

Look at what the fed did this past week. HUge chunk they dismiss as reclassifying securitized loans into "normal" loans. In my universe most normal loans are securitized......

redux

Off to other pastures
Reaction score
Tyler Durden is the anarchist in the movie "Fight Club".

redux

Off to other pastures
Reaction score
OK- I just looked at the picture of "Tyler Durden" on your link - it's Brad Pitt playing Tyler Durden.

Somebody is playing games.

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm confused.
Tyler Durden is a fictional character, but I think someone is just using him as a penname to write inflammatory articles.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
IMO what it means is that there is a good market for peddling doomsday scenarios and alleged inside tips on alleged upcoming Horrible Collapses of Everything. Don't think for one minute that this person, whoever they are (and really, hding behind a pseudonym??? please!), does not have a very practical vested interest in fanning peoples' fears, whether it is out of ego or out of personal financial benefit.

Someday, of course, Everything may indeed Horribly Collapse, but I will bet you dollars to donuts that the vast majority of the current crop of doomsayers will not see it coming, and those that do, it'll be basically just luck and coincidence.

I mean, look, does whether this is true or not (specifically) really change how you are going to live your life today? Probably not. If you think you need to prepare for potential problems IN GENERAL, then do it, has nothing to do with this particular rumored threat.

JMHO,

Pat

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
IMO what it means is that there is a good market for peddling doomsday scenarios and alleged inside tips on alleged upcoming Horrible Collapses of Everything. Don't think for one minute that this person, whoever they are (and really, hding behind a pseudonym??? please!), does not have a very practical vested interest in fanning peoples' fears, whether it is out of ego or out of personal financial benefit.

Someday, of course, Everything may indeed Horribly Collapse, but I will bet you dollars to donuts that the vast majority of the current crop of doomsayers will not see it coming, and those that do, it'll be basically just luck and coincidence.

I mean, look, does whether this is true or not (specifically) really change how you are going to live your life today? Probably not. If you think you need to prepare for potential problems IN GENERAL, then do it, has nothing to do with this particular rumored threat.

JMHO,

Pat
:clap

YES.

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This isn't a doomsday scenario and I told you I know it's a pseudonym. Truly none of you have ever heard of zerohedge?

Most of the people who write for it use pen names because they work in finance.

This isn't a doomsday scenario it is evidence of a crime. So what does it mean it means at the very least we should be attempting to get aware of exactly how the crimes are happening. The silver issue and the gold issue are both clearly fraud.

My self sufficient life plan is moving along just fine. But, I still think as a citizen I have a responsibility to be aware and make some attempt to keep some of these crooks on the right side of what law we have left.

You talk about total banking meltdowns on this thread, but when I offer you evidence of what could truly cause such a thing you dismiss it out of hand....

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Good lord, the amount of fraud going on in the world, including very large-scale fraud that affects economic and political stability, is STAGGERING. Always has been, always will be. Even if the article is right, and I am skeptical, so what, it is one grain of sand on a big beach.

Fraud is part of the basic mechanics of human society, like it or not. I am certainly not saying fraud is RIGHT, I am not saying it is OK or should be tolerated when it can be stopped, but to me, picking out one tenuous poorly-documented nothing-you-can-do-anyhow thing and saying oooh oooh oooh! is like trying to get people excited about noticing the position of one particular sand grain. They generally won't, and even if they did, I'm sorry but I do not believe it would fundamentally change the workings of the world.

This "total banking meltdown" to me is basically doomsday-scenario stuff, and IMHO (and of course other people will have their own opinions but here is mine) not really very likely to play out anything like the way these scenarios are touting. The world is far, far more complex than that, if you ask me.

I mean, look, you asked "can you tell me what this means" so I offered my not-unreasonable opinion.

You think it means something else, that's fine too :)

Pat