Canadian $275 BILLION bank bailout.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
It started in October 2008 while Harper was telling us that our banks were strong, that we Canadians had no worries...and it was blacked out from the media, but indeed it did happen...
It started with a $25 Billion fiasco.

http://www.mtl911truth.org/?p=1091

http://www.thestar.com/News/Canada/article/535392

Oh, and it gets better...that bailout ended up being $275 BILLION and counting...

http://basicsnewsletter.blogspot.com/2009/04/canadas-bank-bailout-275-billion-and.html

And now the worrisome part...
http://www.stockhouse.com/Bullboards/MessageDetail.aspx?s=TD&t=LIST&m=27588016&l=0&pd=0&r=0

Bank of Canada says must let banks go bankrupt:

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idCAN2621310420091027?rpc=44

The more you search the more you will find...our money here in Canada is not as safe as we think it is. Just a heads up...because the market seems to be tanking again, even though they are promising we are out of the recession here in Canada. Lies lies lies

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
The more you search the more you will find...our money here in Canada is not as safe as we think it is. Just a heads up...because the market seems to be tanking again, even though they are promising we are out of the recession here in Canada. Lies lies lies
It's not just Canada, It's not just the U.S. It's Global. And when this financial house of cards receives a whisper of a breeze and begins to crumble we better have our preps in order cause it is not going to be pretty. :(

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Prepper here. I am up to one year plus for a family of 8: Me, my parents, my daughter and her family. Alternative cooking methods? Check. Water storage? Check. Huge amounts of fuel? Check. Solar power? Working on it. Water filters? Check. Precious metals? Firearms? BOL, BOV and BOB? Hey, am I a miracle worker? LOL. Just started in June. Pretty sure TSWHTF in three years or less. If not, I could live for a very long time on very little money. I have heard people speak of a thing called "retirement".

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
UncleJoe you are so right. It is going to all just topple over one day soon. And it won't be just this continent - it will be global. Well, except maybe for Chinas government. They seem to be making out like bandits.

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
The US continues to close banks- but the FDIC insures depositors up to a certain amount so the banks may go under but not to the depositor's loss.
Doesn't Canada have the same thing?
The Reuters article did not say anything about actual banks going under, just that Canada has decided that they may not continue to bail out banks under all circumstances and the banks should realize this.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
:fl please let me get my pigs before the crash.... please let me get my pigs before the crash....:fl

:fl please let me get my pigs before the crash.... please let me get my pigs before the crash....:fl

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
the next 5 years will be interesting
it is far from over on a global scale
everything tanking again is a real possibility
big corps like CIT are still going bankrupt and need baleouts

keep banking up the emergency fund! :)

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:

Oh, you mean real pigs...I thought you were referring to the bank CEOs and boards who continue to hand out giant bonuses. :he

Funny post then :lol:

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yep, crash & burn. No leaves on the wind here, just a big fat brick hurtling from the top of the Empire State Building. I'm spending time learning as much as I can, about how to live without.

And taking a cue from QA:
:fl Please let me get my water tank before the crash, I don't want to drink creek water :fl
:fl Please let me get my water tank before the crash, I don't want to drink creek water :fl