Canadian $275 BILLION bank bailout.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Yup. Building up my library. Stocking the dry goods. TRYING to fill the freezer but the boys eat too damn fast!!!

Water...well, I wish I had a creek. There is one not TOO far away, but boy would that be a pain. No room for a big tank.

I am just glad I have my ducks so I have meat and eggs. I have Welsh Harlequins so they can brood their own young. I need to stock up on feed though. And more seeds. I have seeds, but more is better.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
be sure you have cash

Sock away enough to pay those property taxes! very important. if jobs are lost, etc....the state still wants their money!

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Water...well, I wish I had a creek. There is one not TOO far away, but boy would that be a pain. No room for a big tank.
Don't forget, you are allowed to collect water from your roof now. :clap
Go to CL. I got a 250 gal plastic tank for $20. It's only about 3.5' in diameter. Something is better than nothing.

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Well, there are restrictions still on the rainwater collection, but it isn't like the utility company is actively enforcing anything. Yeah...rain barrels are a good idea. I have 1 but it needs a base.

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
Whats up w/ the restrictions for collecting rainwater? I have not heard of this.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Until recently Washington state also did not allow rainwater collection. They changed the law recently here too. :)

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
Wow you guys.... weird. Was there a "good" reason for this?

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Oh yeah. Lots of battles over water in the old West.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Basically it comes down to salmon spawning here, in the Pacific Northwest. You don't want to restrict stream flow (which starts as runoff from residential areas). But . . . now our area is also having storm water issues . . . during fall and winter rain events there is an increased likelihood of the water running off, rather than infiltrating into the soil, and so I think collecting some of it is now being seen as a good thing. :p