CANDY for long term storage

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Bettacreek said:
hqueen13 said:
Of course sugar cravings can sometimes be a sign of a magnesium deficiency. :p
Which could be why my back hurts like the dickens and I've been craving chocolate, lol. Just been too lazy to go get a epsom salt bath.
A good Cheleted Magnesium supplement will do wonders! I swear it is the awesomest thing in a long time :p Helps you sleep, too! Better than melatonin.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
hqueen13 said:
Bettacreek said:
hqueen13 said:
Of course sugar cravings can sometimes be a sign of a magnesium deficiency. :p
Which could be why my back hurts like the dickens and I've been craving chocolate, lol. Just been too lazy to go get a epsom salt bath.
A good Cheleted Magnesium supplement will do wonders! I swear it is the awesomest thing in a long time :p Helps you sleep, too! Better than melatonin.
I just tossed a few granules of epsom salt into my mouth and swallowed. I did suck on it awhile, because it definitely does have an interesting taste to it, lol.

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I stock sugar, for sure. And we've been trying out the sugar alternatives, such as treacle, zapp, maple and birch syrup.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Are you a sugar addict? :lol:

all this talk of sugar is giving me a toothache :gig

sounds tough with having to watch kiddo alot. time is valuable that is so true.

stock the hard candies. choc. and other types are not for long long term. a lollipop will last forever I think...I should know I find them all over the place and eat them. no telling how old they are :lol:

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
Are you a sugar addict? :lol:

all this talk of sugar is giving me a toothache :gig

sounds tough with having to watch kiddo alot. time is valuable that is so true.

stock the hard candies. choc. and other types are not for long long term. a lollipop will last forever I think...I should know I find them all over the place and eat them. no telling how old they are :lol:
:woot

Tractor girl

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
When my son was in grade school, we used to pack an earthquake kit for him to keep in his classroom. As a candy, we used to put in tootsie pops, and I can tell you that those do not last forever. They get very gooey in their wrapper over time. Perhaps it is because of the chocolate center chemically acting on the hard candy. . . I don't know, but I can tell you they start to decompose. Leaky, drippy, syrupy stuff.
I wonder if Bit-o-honey would work for an extended period? I know they get firm after awhile, but expose them to body heat, and they soften right up. Not that I am recommending that anyone else do this, but I've heard that tucking them in a bra seems to work well. :p But, of course, I have no. . . personal. . . knowledge of this. . . hehehe. . . :lol:

terri9630

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Butterscotch. I keep a bag in my truck. And horse trailer. And saddle bags. And car. And bus....

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Tractor girl said:
When my son was in grade school, we used to pack an earthquake kit for him to keep in his classroom. As a candy, we used to put in tootsie pops, and I can tell you that those do not last forever. They get very gooey in their wrapper over time. Perhaps it is because of the chocolate center chemically acting on the hard candy. . . I don't know, but I can tell you they start to decompose. Leaky, drippy, syrupy stuff.
I wonder if Bit-o-honey would work for an extended period? I know they get firm after awhile, but expose them to body heat, and they soften right up. Not that I am recommending that anyone else do this, but I've heard that tucking them in a bra seems to work well. :p But, of course, I have no. . . personal. . . knowledge of this. . . hehehe. . . :lol:
I think it's humidity that makes them sticky. I've seen the same for other types of hard candy.