Candy recipes?

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
You have to try them then!!! we made them plain, but as I was sucking on one, I thought, with a bit o mint, it could be a humbug--same consistency.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
These all sound yummy! :drool

I never knew what to do with a coconut OR with rhubarb....I'll have to get some now! My daughter has a special love for coconut, I bet that would be a huge hit with her. It sounds so pure and natural too, both recipes.

OFG, I have made the goat milk fudge from there. I love it! The problem with that one is that the rest of the family doesn't eat as much as I do, chocolate CALLS to me from the other room, so I didn't buy any chocolate when I was at the store last. But now my sweet tooth is driving me crazy!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
dont forget goat milk fudge!!! i think Roll has a recipe over on the herds site. its awesome. and you can make a peanut butter swirl.... yum......

:)
Well post it HERE!!!

will make the coconut candy for sure!!

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Anyone know a good hard candy recipe? my grandma had one but it's mostly corn syrup which we have limited and tried to mostly cut out of our diets...

My daughter LOVES suckers... but I had to quit buying them since we cut out the food dyes too... She also gets car sick so I thought of making a ginger flavored one... but can't find a recipe with out using corn syrup...

Would substituting honey in place of the corn syrup work? I have thought of experimenting myself... but it's always so much easier to have at least a base recipe to work from...

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
CrimsonRose said:
Anyone know a good hard candy recipe? my grandma had one but it's mostly corn syrup which we have limited and tried to mostly cut out of our diets...

My daughter LOVES suckers... but I had to quit buying them since we cut out the food dyes too... She also gets car sick so I thought of making a ginger flavored one... but can't find a recipe with out using corn syrup...

Would substituting honey in place of the corn syrup work? I have thought of experimenting myself... but it's always so much easier to have at least a base recipe to work from...
the first recipe I posted is (can be... it always is for us ifyo cook it long enough.) It is hard like humbugs. Familiar with them?

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
oh goodie!!! thx... no never heard of humbugs so wasn't forsure how that recipe would come out!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I found a coconut at the store yesterday! No rhubarb. But I'm going to try that coconut candy recipe!

RobinsValleyVT

Power Conserver
Reaction score
CrimsonRose said:

I think it's certainly worth a try, just modify one of the candy recipes you have.

This looked good as well, but I haven't made it.
http://www.learningherbs.com/ginger_candy_recipe.html