Canning Jars

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
What exactly do you use to vacuum seal a jar?? Just wondering.
Our Foodsaver has an attachment that lets you vacuum seal a regular wide mouth lid to the jar. Works like a charm!

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I found another use for them.
I read an article from an online UK newspaper that the price of sugar over there is going through the roof because of shortages. If it's happening there it's probably just a matter of time till it affects us as well. :rolleyes: We bought 2- 25# bags and filled a bunch of the jars. One more thing we have for long term storage. :)

sparks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I canned my squash in them. Perfect for holiday gatherings:drool

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
I have noticed that sugar prices have gone up at the last grocery store trip I made. A 4lb bag of C&H, which is usually not the kind of sugar we buy, was almost $3 a bag. At the store that I shop at, that is pretty high, b/c it's usually much cheaper. I was even thinking about going and buying a 25 lb bag of sugar, but have nothing to put it in :lol:

My grandmother used to have gallon and half gallon jars. I don't remember what they were used for originally, but they had wide art deco looking lettering down the side. They were Awesome! She just put wax paper in the lids so that the lids that she was always fighting the rust on, wouldn't get into the jar. They were lost in the tornado. :( I would LOVE to find those same jars again. She used them to store drinking water in after she boiled it.