Canning Supplies

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That's crazy. I paid $1.47/dz. reg lids in March/April! Lg. would have been about .20 more/dz. I think. Me thinks, price gouging. I thought that it was illegal to price gouge during times of national hardship.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I paid $1.95 per box of regular lids back in March on sale. Normal price is $2.25 here. Hasn't changed in the last few years.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I dont think the Fillmore price is jacked up for the bulk lids. I recall it being similar a few years ago.

Right now Ball large mouth lids are $14.95/doz on amazon. Pretty sure that is price gouging!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Menards.com has them for $3.39 before sale price, but they have handling fee and shipping, so only worth it in large quantity...if they have large quantities left and no limits.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Fixit I have often thought to order for a group. Here, I'd be footing the whole bill because not enough serious canners to even make a group. Well there may be several but many are not part of any group that is organized enough. Easier to do only for self.

When I was a teen you saw things like sewing circles....maybe some now and I just don't know them. Have considered working up a flyer to take to the goat auction to see if any people are interested. Unless a good discount, can't see any participation. Certainly not the amounts you suggest! That is a HUGE order.

the_whingnut

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I shall revive this ol thread,

My father and Bubbles where canning pickled zucchini and recently purchased some kexle canning lids and almost every one warped or creased in the pressure canner. The older kerr lids in the same canner did not. Anyone else see this themselves?

Latest posts