Canning Supplies

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Great gift!! Of course, there's no moving something that size for me....weight and fear of dropping. :old I haven't seen that many canning supplies in a group since last winter! Glad things are getting in stock. Lids will be about the only thing I'll want in spring. Good now. Will probably buy a few dz jars just to add to current stock. I suspect some of those jars will be from yard sales. :lol::lol:. Those who have changed their minds.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Last time we as a group placed over an $8000 order. Looks like this time it might hit $12000 or more as there are a few more interested. I hope the order goes through this winter as warehouse is still low when we last talked to them
Wow - that's great! Ya'll must be a large group. Really nice when folks can work together like that!

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
What is Grand Solar Minimum? I looked it up, kinda the opposite of global warming, but it comes in cycles. The global warming scenarios for 2050 are alarming, it it comes to pass as predicted. It makes buying land in Montana with their -30F degrees look enticing!

I have lots of jars, don't like the regular mouth quarts, but I'll use them. I try to use those for stuff I give away. LOL That way if I don't get them back, it doesn't hurt my feelings. I need lids, both sizes. I've found some and bought them, but I want a 2-3 year supply.
The Grand Solar Minimum has something to do with the sun cooling down in a way. It is suppose to start making the Earth cool diwn too, making it harder to grow crops. The GDD( growing degree days), will be less, especially on being able to grow staples such as corn and wheat.
Look up The Ice Age Farmer on youtube. He talks about this in several videos.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nothing in local Walmart canning section..only incidentals

been like that here since May... all stores. pretty rare to find anything on the shelves for long. lids are what we're keeping an eye open for right now, but nothing showing up or it is getting bought before we get there to pick it up.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Found lids at Fillmore.com. 8 dz each size $75 .

Have almost that many on hand ... But, may complete order in AM. Just wasn't planning to buy for a few months. They keep going up in price!