cap and trade!

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
there is speculation that when this cap and trade is set into motion that the utility bills may sky rocket. That being said what are some ways we can offset the cost of heating and cooling, cooking and driving. I personally will have to eliminate A/C, heat only with wood, cook out on the open pit we have set up. We are strapped for cash now and for us the only way will be elimination of comforts. What is your take on it and your plans if it comes to pass?

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Today, the Wall Street Journal labeled the bill likely one of the largest tax increases in history. In an interview this week, Warren Buffett, who endorsed Obama for president, described cap and trade as a huge tax and a fairly regressive tax.

CBS News reports that House Democrats have hired speed readers in order to rush through this legislation before the American people learn more about it. :he The reality is that very few people understand what the term cap and trade means. :th

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I received an email alert today that notified me that the House of Reps will be voting on cap and trade tomorrow, It also said that the cost to the average family of 4 would be around $6400 more a year once it was fully in place. I don't know about the rest of you, but I cant afford an additional $6400 a year increase in my living expenses. If you believe that Cap and Trade is bad legislation you need to email or call your representative before the vote in the House tomorrow.

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i agree with letting our voices be heard but the goon's in Washington have their ears plugged with all the cash they will be getting from lobbyists. i hadn't heard the price was going to be so high, for many it will be life changing blow to the budget. i think we may go off grid by force and not by choice.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Well, at least I have my Kyoto brick maker :p

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This is the email I received from a TEA Party friend of mine yesterday:

Speaker Nancy Pelosi has put cap-and-trade legislation on a forced march through the House, and the bill may get a full vote as early as Friday. The whole point of cap and trade is to hike the price of electricity and gas so that Americans will use less. The Heritage Foundation analyzed this bill, and has called it the largest tax increase in American history, eventually costing a family of four $6800 a year when it achieves full force.

Please notify ALL of your TEA PARTY Patriots to call, write or email their Congress people today to get this bill defeated. Thank you, Marty RicKard, TEA PARTY goodwill ambassador.

In God We Trust

I am doing everything I can to contact everyone I know regarding this issue!

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
here we go again! its headed to the floor, lets see if theyre gonna do the will of the people this time. :gig :lol: :idunno :he:somad