Cast Iron

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have stainless steel pans that I got in 1995 and 2000. They do last forever.

Mom has a high carbon steel pan she picked up at the Senior Center sale down in Heppner. Best guess Ive had for age is from the 1950s. She told me to take it next time Im down.

Flea markets, yard sales, and antique stores are good places to find good old pans.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have stainless steel pans that I got in 1995 and 2000. They do last forever.

Mom has a high carbon steel pan she picked up at the Senior Center sale down in Heppner. Best guess Ive had for age is from the 1950s. She told me to take it next time Im down.

Flea markets, yard sales, and antique stores are good places to find good old pans.
True.

I like stopping at the thrift stores and looking at the cups and cereal bowls etc.

You never know what you will find.

You might not always find what you want... but when you do, the price can't be beat.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
True.

I like stopping at the thrift stores and looking at the cups and cereal bowls etc.

You never know what you will find.

You might not always find what you want... but when you do, the price can't be beat.
I found my antique cast iron pan at Goodwill for <$20. I think all my favorite pans are from Goodwill, LOL. Except 2 are from ALDI - their Crofton brand cookware can be excellent.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have several old cast iron skillets, about 40+ yrs old....also a good amount of real heavy stainless. Love both. Then some big, tall, enameled pots....30 qt of spaghetti sauce anyone? :lol: those were a couple hundred each about 25 yr ago! I'd fight anyone trying to take my stock of pans! 😁 :love my canner is aluminum but never cook in that, only can. Now the insta pot has stainless inside pot, I can pressure cook there. Soooo much and it screams for me to cook more! :old :hide need people to for, other than just myself to feed.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score