Cast Iron

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:yaWell some of my money was returned for the pans that I had a reaction to but I may have said they sent the check in the wrong name. But my bank trusted me and put it through.

This morning they replaced that check with the correct spelling. So I ripped it up and posted a photo too prove I had not cashed it. I lost a fair amount of money and felt cheated but I'm not dishonest and I can live with my conscience.

I almost fainted when the hexclad wrote saying they are giving me a refund as well. :) that was very hard going but they didn't get away with my cash :duc

glad you got some money back. :)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:yaWell some of my money was returned for the pans that I had a reaction to but I may have said they sent the check in the wrong name. But my bank trusted me and put it through.

This morning they replaced that check with the correct spelling. So I ripped it up and posted a photo too prove I had not cashed it. I lost a fair amount of money and felt cheated but I'm not dishonest and I can live with my conscience.

I almost fainted when the hexclad wrote saying they are giving me a refund as well. :) that was very hard going but they didn't get away with my cash :duc
WHOOP!!! I’m glad you got a refund!!

R2elk

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
challenge would be to pop popcorn in a cast iron pan. i mean how would you do that and not want to move the pan back and forth to get the kernels to go pop? i guess these days everyone uses microwave popcorn or other gizmos, but some people do like to make popcorn on the stove still. do they have a slight thin mat of some fireproof material that won't scratch the glass that will still let you slide the pan back and forth? copper wool ultra fine? just trying to think this out and i do that by writing... :)
Not an issue for me since I have not popped any popcorn in more than 20 years. When I did, I used a hot air popper.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This picture from Google looks a bit like the airpopper we have.

An air popper is nice since you need zero oil, and kernels come out as they pop... so you don't get over cooked pop corn.

SmartSelect_20211224-115819_Samsung Internet.jpg