Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Gotta second the "great idea", ~gd! :thumbsup

piecemaker,

Glad to hear that these worked well for the tree starts! :D

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I have a few potatoes that are sprouting. I'm wondering if I could set them to grow potatoes in my basement now.

Sweetened

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
I have a few potatoes that are sprouting. I'm wondering if I could set them to grow potatoes in my basement now.
If there's light down there, I don't see why not as long as you have suffiecient drainage and temperature. I could, of course, be very wrong!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I have a south facing window, and I'd have the bags sitting in something for drainage. I'll be setting it up soon, and see what happens. It may or may not work, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Sweetened

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
I have a south facing window, and I'd have the bags sitting in something for drainage. I'll be setting it up soon, and see what happens. It may or may not work, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Exactly! Please let me know.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I was going to set it up this morning, but they changed the forecast. And, I didn't think I'd have enough time to get that done, plus what I needed to get done at the farm B4 the rain hit, so I decided to wait. It's supposed to stop raining and get windy, so hopefully stuff will dry out enough for me to handle it by Thursday. I have an old, plastic hamper. I'm going to set the bag in that. That should keep it standing upright, and will catch any water that drains. And, since I'll have the bag inside, it should mean that I don't get stuff all over my basement.

nmred

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score