Catfood, the pressure-canned version

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
That's my kind of cooking!!

I like things I can forget exist and they still do what they are supposed to.

This is why my gardening is pretty epic fail.

LOL

calendula

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thank you for pulling this thread up for me. I think I will try making a small batch to start with and see how it goes.

Rhettsgreygal

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
:(

Sorry to hear. Don't give up!

I love all of our nicknames we so lovingly give to our cats. Brat face, Precious Brat and what was it? Queen of the spiders? :lol:

Why do we go through so much trouble for these beasts?!! Dumb dumb kitties!! :tongue
I think they are smart smart kitties and we are dumb humans. They have us trained very well:lol:

Annette

GhostRider65

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hey ya all, I just found this thread threw a link at BYC, and wanted to pick your brains a bit, I have cats who will be tried on this recipe asap.
But I'm here for my dogs, I have my own chicken raised here, this past summer and loads of venison scraps that I want to make into dog food, basic concept same as the cat food. but I will be using, chicken, venison, livers gizzards hearts, organic brown rice, and carrots and beets as my veggi's and powdered eggs? or can I use scrambled? or raw? I will be canning whatever I make, but don't really want it too mushy? how can I avoid doing that with a pressure caner? and 75 minutes cook time? So where to start now, the venison is d-boned scrap and stew meat, not much gristle, mostly fatty pieces, and tougher cuts I saved out for the dogs. my chickens were frozen whole, so that isn't a problem as far as bones for calcium, they also get raw when I have extra, but not always, They have Diamond naturals lamb and rice dry out 24/7 and get table scraps. and keifer every couple days for immune support and digestion. I also have them on a vitamin C supplement to keep there old immune systems up to par, my oldest dog is on yucca extract for pain she has arthritis pretty bad at 13 she is a Mastif/Pitbull cross about 90 lbs. My next oldest is a Husky Shepard mix of 12, and my 9 year old boxer who is hard to keep weight on and very fussy. My youngest is a rescued American Bulldog, who when I got him you could count every rib and his entire spinal column was sticking out, probably at least 60 lbbs under weight . He has come around great this last 10 months and is now almost too fat..hehe but they had him on crap generic food from walwart, and I think rarely filled his bowl even with that nasty stuff, they also beat him to the point of unconsciousness. until he was taken away by a caring neighbor and given to me. So these are my puppies that are all healthy just of mixed ages and needs, so what would anyone suggest to add or remove from my planned ingredients?any help would be awesome I would especially like to pick free's brain because she seems like she has done her homework well. TY all Kim