Catfood, the pressure-canned version

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:(

Sorry to hear. Don't give up!

I love all of our nicknames we so lovingly give to our cats. Brat face, Precious Brat and what was it? Queen of the spiders? :lol:

Why do we go through so much trouble for these beasts?!! Dumb dumb kitties!! :tongue

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Oh, a little puke never killed anyone! He will learn to chew his food more thoroughly. I just stepped in puke myself a few minutes ago.....isn't that the usual way we find it???? :sick

Nicknames.....Fuzzypants, Ollie-poo, Snickerdoodle, oh, the list goes on and on. Had to drop Walrus and Beached Whale when Oliver lost all the weight and started galloping and wrestling and playing again.

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
LOL Freemotion! Actually, I woke up to his hacking. So the first thing I had to do when I rolled out of bed was search for the evidence.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:lol:

My kitty loves to puke from high up, like from the top of the fridge or my dresser!

And someone ALWAYS finds it by stepping in it!!

"Walrus", "Beached Whale"?!! :lol:

(My friend's kitty is "Mr. Chitters"!!)

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
No barf today! When he's good he's Mr Gorgeous. You have to say it right, though. Gooooorgeous. Like an old fashioned lady in the movies.

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've successfully phased out Charlie's dry food. He only got a 1/4 cup, so I just replaced it with raw chicken. Oh, someone at work today told me to NEVER feed my cat raw meat because he'll get parasites. She just got through treating her cat. Guess what? Her cat is outdoor, and is fed junk. I wonder why it got messed up? It's funny because the people who randomly spout advice will only roll their eyes and go "mmmm" when you talk.

This website has good info on raw diets, if it hasn't been posted here already. http://www.catnutrition.org/recipes.php And oh look, it's written by a VET. Oh, and someone said that if your cat doesn't want the raw chicken right off, put a couple drops of salmon oil on it. I guess they like the smell?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Yay for Charlie!

That is a great site! A couple of comments after only a very quick glance through it....psyllium husk can be very irritating to the digestive tract. It is likely due, at least in part, to germination inhibitors present in all seeds, especially the bran/husk, which are anti-nutrients and inhibit digestion. So I prefer ground vegetable matter, which is part of the cat's natural diet, not seeds.

"Constipation" is a natural part of a carnivore's diet. It is not really constipation, usually, just smaller, harder stools that take a little effort to pass. This actually expresses the anal glands naturally and prevents impaction of these glands in both dogs and cats fed a natural diet. It is the way they were designed.

Lots of good info, though.