cayenne burning fingers - help!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
freemotion said:
And for goodness sakes, don't touch your eyes or other sensitive areas!
You just brought back BAD memories!

I had been stringing cayenne peppers to make dried pepper wreaths to give as Christmas gifts, way back many years ago, and did that very thing. I had strung the peppers in the morning. Later that day I had washed dishes by hand and washed my hands I don't know how many times, yet I STILL had the oil in my fingertips when I took out my contacts to go to bed! :hit Oh it was HORRIBLE!! Then I still had one contact in and this was in the old days before breathable lenses. Hubby tried and tried to get the other one out, but it was just not working so I had to grab that one too. It was like being maced. Of course it also ruined my contacts. :barnie

I can not imagine what it would have been like if I had touched my eye earlier in the day BEFORE all of that hand washing.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
It also brings back bad memories for me...and for a much different reason that I will not expound upon. Suffice to say "other sensitive areas" about covers it.... :rolleyes:

:barnie

PunkinPeep

Humble Ambitions
Reaction score
OMG people! I'm glad i don't wear contacts now. Yikes!

In other news, that oil worked like a beautiful balm of gilead last night. I just can't believe how easy that was and how long i suffered before i got help. It was almost instant relief.

This is me being happy and relieved. :cool:

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow! I never knew about the oil trick! I am extremely sensitive to pepper oils. The last time it happened I has to sleep with an ice pack bandaged to my hand :p Milk did not help at all.

lalaland

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm definitely going to remember the oil trick - I've also suffered through pepper in sensitive areas the first time my girlfriend and I made hot pepper jelly- pretty embarrassing when you are trying to explain to the nurse line what the problem is :/