Cecilia's Journal

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Private school right? In public school she’d probably be written up for talking to you about a student’s private medical information. Definitely be cautious with that situation, but I’m a jaded ex public school teacher 🤣
Yes private school.

@Trying2keepitReal has a point! I could go through the church. I am the music coordinator for them. I will add that to the list. I really would love to talk to the young lady.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Should be painless! I have done it 3x - Kinship, Boy Scouts, 4-H. Background check, mandatory reporting training on the State definitions of child neglect and abuse, and policies. Boy Scouts was the most strict on policies, like I couldn't drive carpool without another adult present, etc. 4-H had the most extensive mandatory reporting training. It all sounds more intimidating than it is.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The priest has given me permission to talk to her without training but if I wanted to continue talking to children I would have to do some form of training.
Awesome, I would look into the training. The one I had to do was all online and it was directly through our diocese.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That sounds awesome. I would love to be more involved in the school.
I would reach out to the principal, she/he could be able to send you the information that you would need to complete their volunteer requirements. There are so many options to help and I know our schools is always looking for adults. I also found that those that volunteer have some of the same values as I do for myself and family and it is nice to build relationships (maybe even some friendships) outside of my family.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I know it would definitely be great to get out of this house.

I have a meeting with the young lady tomorrow. I don’t really know how to support her other than just be there, I went through a similar situation when I was 15 and it was really hard. I didn’t have anyone to talk to about it.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I know it would definitely be great to get out of this house.

I have a meeting with the young lady tomorrow. I don’t really know how to support her other than just be there, I went through a similar situation when I was 15 and it was really hard. I didn’t have anyone to talk to about it.
Any word on how her parents are handling this? if they even know? Or hasn't that been mentioned?

Glad to hear the gift of compassion and understanding that you have been given by our Savior will be shared with someone who is need.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Any word on how her parents are handling this? if they even know? Or hasn't that been mentioned?

Glad to hear the gift of compassion and understanding that you have been given by our Savior will be shared with someone who is need.
From what I’ve heard it wasn’t a pregnancy given willingly. Her parents are devastated. It’s far to similar to what I endured. Déjà vu…

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
it seems so strange that you have to get permission to talk to someone. like if you were sitting at the park and she came up and sat next to you nobody would think anything of you having a conversation. well, at least, i sure wouldn't.

anyways, glad you can provide an ear and a shoulder for her to lean on. kudoes. :)