Cecilia's Journal

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Keep your sense of humor. It's all too easy to get mad when you find your little darling plastered in red clay mud, hair included. Just stop a few seconds and consider that If this was someone else's child, you'd be laughing your behind off, and give yourself permission to laugh.

My granddaughters this past summer. They got quiet and this is what their Momma found. LOL

View attachment 16727

View attachment 16728
Adorable!

Yes... when the kids are quiet you need to run find them! :weee

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well I don't have any boy names picked out! our last name is Romano. Help? :hide

I was/am super pro family names. Maybe look through your family tree.

Last names can also be used as first names and middle names. My middle name is a last name. It was picked due to a larger than life character in our family from way back... lots of family stories about him. And though he is way back.. my dad's dad's mom's dad. .. I have his eyebrows and hair. Also he was right handed and left eye dominant, and I am too. Not that my parents knew those things at my birth...... but cool.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Well I don't have any boy names picked out! our last name is Romano. Help? :hide
How you pick names depends on your values.

I have been traditional about picking my kids names.

There is a small cluster of male names that correlate with financial success. My ex and I used that list cross-referenced with family names to pick a first name. Middle name is in both sides of family tree.

Younger kiddo DH picked a modern version of his dad's middle name and his dad's first name is middle name. I found kiddo's first name in my family tree, waaasy back, so that made me happy.

Non-gendered names are a trend now, and that's something I would strongly consider. I am strongly opposed to gendering young children. They have biological sex, but that doesnt need to dictate their preferences. When my younger son wanted a hot pink Trolls shirt from the girls section, he got it. (I have never seen him want anything so strongly before or since, it was adorable 😍) and when my older son teased him for it, I bought him a lavender shirt. Lavender is now his favorite shirt color - it looks good on him. 🤷‍♀️

Sorry-not-sorry for the rant, but I vote for a name that aligns with your values and your vision for your son.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I heard James is a nice name. Lol. Just sayin
That's my middle name! and his planned middle name as well.
was/am super pro family names. Maybe look through your family tree.
Sadly I don't have access to much of my family tree- my father was adopted and my mother's mother was adopted. Seems to be a big trend! 🤣 Gianna doesn't want her families names used at all, which is very sad because she is far more italian than I am. Maybe a region-ish name? Sicily is where my father is from...

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Maybe a region-ish name? Sicily is where my father is from...
That is a great idea. Even though LOTS of Americans have come from Sicily, it is a small island and probably has a nice set of traditional and interesting names.

Don't forget to check the meaning of the names you are looking at.

And even with your dad and your mom's mom being adopted.....you still have a bunch of family tree to look at. Just go further back. ;)

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That is a great idea. Even though LOTS of Americans have come from Sicily, it is a small island and probably has a nice set of traditional and interesting names.

Don't forget to check the meaning of the names you are looking at.

And even with your dad and your mom's mom being adopted.....you still have a bunch of family tree to look at. Just go further back. ;)
Can I ask how? I would like to pay tribute to my dad but if i don't know his last name how should i go about it? Use my non- biological grandparents?