Cecilia's Journal

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Abby can get the boyfriend to sign over his rights to the baby. That would mean no child support. But with child support comes visitation. Visitation can be every other weekend and alternating holidays. He can make her life a living hell. If he signs away his rights, then if or when she gets married, her husband could adopt her child.

Since the boyfriend wants her to abort the baby, signing his rights away in exchange for no child support should sound attractive to him. Be sure to include a clause that makes child support retroactive back to day one of the child’s life, IF boyfriend should ever drag her to court for visitation or custody. He could change his mind someday…… she needs to get on this immediately before his mom or someone else gets in on it and then she will have to put up with him and his family for the next 18 years. She needs an attorney.
I will screenshot and send this to her. Thank you.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Abby can get the boyfriend to sign over his rights to the baby. That would mean no child support. But with child support comes visitation. Visitation can be every other weekend and alternating holidays. He can make her life a living hell. If he signs away his rights, then if or when she gets married, her husband could adopt her child.

Since the boyfriend wants her to abort the baby, signing his rights away in exchange for no child support should sound attractive to him. Be sure to include a clause that makes child support retroactive back to day one of the child’s life, IF boyfriend should ever drag her to court for visitation or custody. He could change his mind someday…… she needs to get on this immediately before his mom or someone else gets in on it and then she will have to put up with him and his family for the next 18 years. She needs an attorney.
In my state, child support does not give a parent visitation rights. Not even a custodial parent.

If he wont sign off, there may be a way to involuntarily terminate his parental rights. In my state it is 6 months without contact.

Grandparent rights are a thing in some states too.

I agree, she needs an attorney ASAP

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think you all would be proud of me this thanksgiving.

Everyone arrived at noon, we had a cheese board and pigs in a blanket, you know the usual snacky things. We talked and drinked while the turkey cooked. My aunt said I looked fat, I not-so gently reminded her I was having twins. Gianna had a little too much bourbon slush and prosecco. I don’t blame her, there was a little shouting.

One of my cousins came home from college to be with us (19 F), but apparently her major isn’t “good enough.” Had to defend her on that, she's just a freshman I mean c’mon people. Another cousin (25 M) brought his fiance somewhat unannounced but it’s kind of a given, they are engaged. My uncles watched football and yelled at dad about the cows they don’t even own or ever had the chance to inherit. That was fun.

Caught one of my other cousins (17 M) trying to steal a Circle Y saddle, like we wouldn’t notice. Oye. That boy was too stupid he didn’t even go for the Billy Cook. I didn’t grow up around horses and even I know that.

One of the collies stole the ham and shared it with the rest of the LGD’s. They are going to have the farts… have fun dad!

Had to tell my aunt like twice that no, I in fact do not care about the man she met on the street and gave my number to, I’m married. She was there I promise. She grinds my gears.

My grandma, god bless her, was an angel today. She just kept bringing me decaf coffee and apologizing on my aunt’s behalf, not even her daughter. An angel.

We finally ate, only silence of the night. I could eat scalloped corn for days. And sweet potatoes.

I made a pear pie from a recipe I sorta made up and it was DELICIOUS! If anyone wants the recipe I would be more than happy to post it. It has a much better texture than apple pie, more crunch and less mushy.

All in all I definitely ate for 3, maybe 4 honestly. Babies were pretty content the whole time, which is good. One less excuse for people to not touch the belly. Speaking of which, my beautiful, but dumb wife let it slip that we wre having a home birth and I never heard the end of it. All these lies perpetuated by doctors that birth is dangerous has me just about to my limit. I told them it was my body and my birth, and it was not up for discussion.

I had fun, and I'll do it again in 30? Days. Or is it 31? I’m not sure. Happy turkey day everyone.