Cecilia's Journal

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Do you have a baby monitor? That’ll help with the chore issue!
Brilliant!
Can you do chores while your wife is home? Before she goes to work and after she comes home?
Yes, she leaves at 6:30 and comes home around 6:00. It could work, I would have to wake up earlier than usual though lol. But I probably already will be 🤣😉

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Can anyone help with chores? When each of my babes were little they would nurse for 40 minutes... every hour. 😩 If you are doing paced bottle feeding + nursing and/or pumping you might be struggling for a while. I think its nature's way of giving new mommas a time out so they can recover physically.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Can anyone help with chores? When each of my babes were little they would nurse for 40 minutes... every hour. 😩 If you are doing paced bottle feeding + nursing and/or pumping you might be struggling for a while. I think its nature's way of giving new mommas a time out so they can recover physically.
I have dad, but I feel bad because he still has a business to run outside of his grandchildren. But he would of course always put me first.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I believe Moby wraps are preemie-safe. Ask their NICU team? They might want to try it monitored in the NICU before they home? There are ponchos to go over Moby wraps, but you might need custom for twins.

No snowsuits in car seats, like mentioned above. Use a car seat cover. If you want to add another blanket on top, use one that is a single layer or is quilted, so the inner layer doesnt collapse and suffocate.

Infants and car seats are torture in winter. Just stay home until nice weather 😬

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned block feeding for reducing your supply? You should talk to a lactation consultant or LLLI leader because block feeding is usually not recommended until supply is established. I wonder if reducing your supply would concentrate your milk so you dont need to supplement with formula. This is outside of my knowledge/experience, just a thought.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No snowsuits in car seats, like mentioned above. Use a car seat cover. If you want to add another blanket on top, use one that is a single layer or is quilted, so the inner layer doesnt collapse and suffocate.
Thank you! I was definitely worried about suffocating. I need to learn to knit…