Central Michigan Seed Swap, Feb 23 2020

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
next February may be early to post the link here but i'll post it anyways since i'm pondering it and how much fun i had last year at my very first seed swap.

also if you want to talk about seed swap experiences and fun you've had or other things you found helpful and fun to do add them below.

i am planning on going, will be bringing beans, trying to get some other bean fans to also be there to trade with their collections.

i'll also be bringing other things besides beans too but not exactly sure of what entirely until i get there.

likely: peas/pea pod peas, cosmos, columbine, squash, flax, bunching onions, garlic, tulip, hyacynth, dill, etc.

it is not that far from me so i can attend this one again. :)

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
That's a long drive for me, but it sounds like it would be fun!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oy! it was a busy day. i'm glad i don't have to talk any more and can write for a bit. :)

this year the weather was great so i think that had a lot to do with having more people attending.

i got to meet a few more people from on-line (TEG) and as usual it is always great to be able to put a face and mannerisms with a name.

i was able to give away almost my entire supply of donated beans that were given to me to redistribute. right towards the end of the day this one nice person who was really interested in beans was looking through that boxtop and i convinced her to take all of them. so glad i didn't have to bring it home - because aside from the moving of them there would be all the temptations of trying to grow them and while i would love to have another 50 varieties of pole beans and a few others i simply do not have all that much pole bean growing space. so perhaps i will hear back from them to hear about how these foster children have turned out. :)

i limited myself to a few new beans, some new squash and some edamame soy to try out again. the chipmunks really raid them when i plant them so it will be interesting... perhaps now that i haven't planted them for a few years the animals will not be so conditioned to look for them in the gardens. i can hope right? hahahaha...

Latest posts