chapter books

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
These are NOT chapter books perse but my sons absolutely loved the Billy and Blaze series by C.W. Anderson. While I found them ridiculously predictable - apparently they are perfect for about 2nd or 3rd graders who feel very smart indeed when they have correctly predicted what will happen next. My boys found them adventuresome and exciting.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
The Boxcar Children - by I don't know who LOL

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I have the first 24 books in the Boxcar Children series....they were a childhood favorite of mine :D

Right now we are reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory....yesterday I read to the kids while they jumped on the trampoline and when they got rowdy and I threatened to stop reading they both begged me to continue....we read 6 chapters yesterday and then came inside and read 5 more library books until I had to make some hot tea for my throat.

I wonder if Charlotte Mason ever lost her voice? :lol:

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My son really enjoys the American Chiller series. Easy to read, not very frightening, and has actually helped some with geography.

We started out with the Michigan Chiller series: DS liked the fact that the author lived here and wrote about towns here and, again, ended up being a great help in learning about our state.

He also devours the goosebumps series. Guess it's a boy thing :lol:

Latest posts