Cheese, Glorious Cheese!!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I never thought to try the crisps with anything but parm...silly me! I should know better b/c I love to eat the crusty cheddar cheese off the skillet after I make gooey grilled cheddar cheese sammys.

Ooo ldy, that is a good idea. (My dad loves to mix drained "mexi corn", pimentos and diced onion into his cottage cheese)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Last one then I've got to go eat something!! I stole this from Paula Dean. :D

Good Old Fashioned Southern Pimento Cheese Spread:

Ingredients
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup grated sharp cheddar
1 cup grated Monterey Jack
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon House Seasoning, recipe follows
2 to 3 tablespoons pimentos, smashed
1 teaspoon grated onion
Cracked black pepper
Directions
Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Add all of the remaining ingredients and beat until well blended. It can be used as a dip for crudite or as a sandwich filling.

House Seasoning:

1 cup salt

1/4 cup black pepper

1/4 cup garlic powder

Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.

Served on soft white bread!!! OH MAMA!! :drool

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
OHMIGOSH!!! i love 'cheese food spread'.. and this is really real cheese??

happy days are here again - thanks BBH!

me i love cheese any way any how. and the stinkier the better... stinky stanky stunk cheese that has ripened into a goo.... oh baby thats the way. when i was going to france i learned how to say in the local lingo: "excuse me madam, please bring me the stinkiest cheese you have, warmed of course, and some bread... and a bottle or two of your finest cheap wine."

i dont even need any fancy fixin's -- just chunk o' cheese and i'm happy.

i must admit i have a special love for blue cheese.

but this summer when we had our own fresh goat cheese, on fresh baked bread, drizzled with a little honey from our bees... honey, i figured i had arrived.

yay cheese!!!!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I hear ya! I could make a meal out of cheeses, French bread and a bottle of wine. Name some of the stinky cheeses please. :D

I know, that pimento spread recipe has come in handy so many times. Now if only I could find a way to deep fry it! :lol:

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
One of my favorite ways to enjoy soft goat cheese is to split open a passion fruit and scrape out the 'guts' onto the blob of cheese.........hmmmmmm yum.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Name some of the stinky cheeses please. :D
Morbier smells like, well, poop. You don't realize it until you've been eating it for a few minutes, lol. Goood cheese! :p

Manchego isn't as weird, very good.

I love Parmesan and Roquefort, my db thinks they smell like vomit. I was eating some, he came into the room and thought someone threw up from the smell.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:yuckyuck Reminds me: I can't remember if I read it here or on the internet. An ex wife put something stinky (can't remember what it was) in the hollow curtain rods before she moved out of the once shared house. New girlfriend moved in. The house began to smell to high heaven and they couln't find the source of the smell. Decided to finally sell the durn house. After trying to sell it (nobody would buy it b/c it stank) they agreed to sell it to the ex wife at a GREAT bargain.

She moved in and removed the curtain rods. :p

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
:yuckyuck Reminds me: I can't remember if I read it here or on the internet. An ex wife put something stinky (can't remember what it was) in the hollow curtain rods before she moved out of the once shared house. New girlfriend moved in. The house began to smell to high heaven and they couln't find the source of the smell. Decided to finally sell the durn house. After trying to sell it (nobody would buy it b/c it stank) they agreed to sell it to the ex wife at a GREAT bargain.

She moved in and removed the curtain rods. :p
:lol:
Now that's some useful repurposing!