Chicken coop and run

justcelia

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to this group. I love your coop!!!:)
We built one from recycled/reclamed stuff too. We are "allowed" :somad
5 hens as well. We only have 2 Brahma girls so far.

I found y'all from the BYC group. (that's where we found our hens too)

Looking forward to "meeting" you all and learning as much as I can!

Celia
2 Brahma hens and a Yorkie, longing for the country :/

justcelia

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
You need more hens..... :)
We are planning on getting 2 more this spring. So far the neighbors are cool with them. We have a 6' privacy fence ;)

In the spring we are going to build a better coop. (We learned from our mistakes) I am sure glad we didn't have to pay for much on this one!

This was supposed to be a "chicken tractor" but it was too heavy/bulky to move around.

2667_coop_finished_8.jpg

This one is 4' wide X 6' long and 5' high.

Celia
2 Brahma hens and a Yorkie

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Don't you just love your brahmas? I adore mine! They are such good mamas....one of mine actually attacked a hawk trying to get at her babies!

justcelia

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
Don't you just love your brahmas? I adore mine! They are such good mamas....one of mine actually attacked a hawk trying to get at her babies!
We love our girls. They meet us at the gate when we come home, hop on the back of the glider so they can look in the window at us when we are on the computer.....

They have not started laying yet. Their sisters that are still where we got them are laying (just started) so I hope any day now they will. They are 7 months old now.

Celia
2 Brahma hens and a Yorkie

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Awesome coop! Good job using recycled materials.

Not trying to hijack this thread, but I do have a question. How do you find out what the county allows, regarding "farm" animals? I have searched online numerous times, but can find nothing about what is allowable in my county.

justcelia

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I looked online at our City website. A neighboring city just passed a new "chicken friendly" law and it was in the newspapers.
I think they are the same as us, at least for the next 2 years; 5 hens and no roosters.

Celia