Chickens and Sunflower seeds?

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Oh, by the way...I took out the sunflower head and dropped it near thier food...they all scattered. :rolleyes:

No one has gone near it since. Dumb chickens!

Oh that reminds me I have a chicken story for y'all.

DD 18 has a boyfriend who we are all very fond of, really great guy. He spends a lot of time at our house! Anyway...in his speech class someone brought up the topic of Americans being disgusted by the things that are eaten in other countries....like dog. P brought up that dogs are used here as companions, and that is why we do not consider them food, we consider them family....we do not develop the same type of relationships with meat animals.

At that point a girl turned to him and sharply said, You probably have never even seen a chicken! Do you even know what a chicken looks like? (which was kind of random as no one had specifically mentioned chickens)

He calmly looked at her and said "Actually I have seen a chicken, I own 5" then the rest of the class burst out laughing...probably mostly at P for announcing that he had chickens (ok, well I am technically the chicken owner) but he thinks they were laughing at her because she was put in her place. Dumb kids!!

Anyway...you all are the only ones who would enjoy that :)

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
When we put sunflower heads in front of The Ladies, they waited until we weren't looking to start to investigate them. :D The second time, they looked like a bunch of women at the Clearance Aisle at Christmas time! :lol:

Black Oil Sunflower Seeds (BOSS) are nutritional feed for the flock.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My girls love their BOSS! They get a handfull every evening to compensate them for being locked in their run again :D.
I have found though that they are very conservative when faced with a new food. They get kefir and some oat flakes every morning, and when I first added some fresh blueberries you might have thought I was planning to poison them all! One of them very carefully picked out each berry, and laid it alongside the kefir dish :D. They were all gone though when I went out later :lol:.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Sally it is one of my faves too....it is fairly innocent and not too mean!

I mean we are all dumb sometimes ( I am quite often :p )

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Dace said:
Sally it is one of my faves too....it is fairly innocent and not too mean!

I mean we are all dumb sometimes ( I am quite often :p )
:lol: You are right! It is innocent yet makes a point. Nobody gets their feelings hurt b/c we are ALL dumb!! :lol:

I think that it would be so funny to say it at an important meeting: "That client is dumb." :gig Its the inner 12 year old in me!