China and melamine again, this time people food.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I always wanted a juicer but I hear the clean up is a mess, a pain....BUT---I saw a tv show on how they make apple and orange juice, grapefruit juice etc.....UGH---they used the most ugly fruit....the ones on the ground, the ones with worms, the ones that have "who knows whats on them"--------of course good looking fruit is sent to sell in produce cause people see it, the ones that are juiced, YIKES....it was frightening..LOL-LOL

But I still drink store bought OJ......

But I know making my own would be so much better for me...they say the vitamin content is unreal vs. store bought processed as I am sure it is.

I got the little hand juicer....the kind ya twist your wrist off with...remember those.
Hmm...small juicer might go on the Xmas list or start looking at yard sales.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You would be surprised to see what animals are used in canned soups and meats, if the fruits frightened you! :lol: The oldest, most lame, often sick, animals are used for this purpose. Helps if one can read a book when they are eating these things, to keep your mind off it! :p

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
The best apple juice in the world is the first drippings from the cider press when the first just picked apples are pressed. Clear, sweet ambrosia- no oxidation yet. Spoils you for anything else.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I hear ya beekissed
often I can't read or watch shows or anything too much involving food...I would never eat again..LOL

that surely is one reason I like doing my own from scratch. Homemade chicken noodle soup and such.....I see what goes in it..LOL

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
I hear ya beekissed
often I can't read or watch shows or anything too much involving food...I would never eat again..LOL

that surely is one reason I like doing my own from scratch. Homemade chicken noodle soup and such.....I see what goes in it..LOL
And to think, when I make my own soup and such - I get all queazy thinking about putting in the heart and liver etc... (I don't eat those things. well not KNOWINGLY) I have put them in, turned my head and FLIPPED them into the pot - I pull em out and feed them to the cats.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Hey, the heart is really good! :) Its just a big muscle! I used to like the livers at times but now, knowing what I know as a nurse, I don't really want to eat a liver! Yeah, yeah, Vit. K and all, but it filters out a lot of toxins....icky poo! Yeeeck!! :p

ScottyG

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The livers are totally good fried up and put on a salad though. Mmmm. Toxins be damned! All things in moderation, I say. :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea icky poo I hear ya on some of the "parts" but they sure make things have more flavor etc.

Yup, my dogs get the icky too..LOL...which some people eat all the time and call the good parts!!